1964 225 six

-

Dads 64

Reaction score
Hello All
I'm new and just starting to restore my 225 engine as I had intake valves seize, need to pull the vibration damper, my puller does not have the right bolt sizes, one member suggested it was a 5/16-18 thread, this size seems too loose and i fear it I try with these bolts I will strip the threads, any thoughts would be appreciated.

There are 6 bolt holes in the damper hub. three are 5/16, and three are 3/8. you can use any group of three. Make sure you protect the threads in the center of the crankshaft, so the center bolt of the puller does not start down the crank hole, and mess up the threads.

T
There are 6 bolt holes in the damper hub. three are 5/16, and three are 3/8. you can use any group of three. Make sure you protect the threads in the center of the crankshaft, so the center bolt of the puller does not start down the crank hole, and mess up the threads.
Thank You

Just a FYI: The 5/16 holes are to mount the power steering pulley to the front of the damper. The 3/8 holes are to mount the air conditioning pulley to the back of the damper.

Hi h
Thanks good to know, so are the 3/8 bolt holes also the preferred ones for pulling off the damper.

-
Back