1964 273 choke pull off number

-

Wally-T

64 Signet
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm trying to cross over some numbers for my choke pull off.
The numbers I have are:
Chrysler 14-39-7 from the 64 parts catalog and
2448989 from Ebay.
All of the suppliers I've contacted can't find either of these numbers and the numbers they have are for a Holley carb where mine is a 2bbl Carter.
I'm trying to order one in Canada to avoid astronomical shipping charges.
Anyone know?
Thanks, Wally

Chrysler 14-39-7 from the 64 parts catalog
that number represents the part not the specific part. if you look in the list of parts by number you should find that section in the parts book.
below is 67 parts book for reference only
upload_2021-4-3_10-37-17.png

here are the part numbers ( in 67 there is a list of carbs with a reference number that the number at the top of the column refers to)
upload_2021-4-3_10-49-9.png

upload_2021-4-3_10-50-53.png

Also since you did not state 2 or 4bbl (CAP or No CAP may not have been an option at hte time) i don't know if this is correct either but another resource.
Carter BBD Choke Pulloff Chrysler & Dodge

Last edited:
that number represents the part not the specific part. if you look in the list of parts by number you should find that section in the parts book.
below is 67 parts book for reference only
View attachment 1715717979

here are the part numbers ( in 67 there is a list of carbs with a reference number that the number at the top of the column refers to)
View attachment 1715717981
View attachment 1715717983

Also since you did not state 2 or 4bbl (CAP or No CAP may not have been an option at hte time) i don't know if this is correct either but another resource.
Carter BBD Choke Pulloff Chrysler & Dodge
It's in my post. 2 bbl Carter but who's counting LOL. Thanks very much though for the guidance. I was able to work my way through the part numbers and it looks like 2448989 is the part # for my pull off. I wonder if a Dealer can still use the old numbers? I'll try on Monday.
Thanks, Wally

Wow. Sorry. I just checked the link you gave me to Mike's. That might be the ticket. Going to look now

I just bought one for a 65 273 2bl from Rock Auto. It was a Standard ignition part. I still have the box out in the shop if you need it.

maybe like this? OOF, my bad, thought you were looking for a choke.
s-l1600.jpg

-
Back