Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy all, I have here a few trunk related items for sale that are specific to the 1964-66 Cudas. Heres the list....

Trunk hinges...nice set. Not loose, but not tight or bound up...$20.00

Rear Window Trim Pieces... I have just the drivers side and the two hinge trims. Just a couple pits but some spidering throughout. Not bad looking but not for the show field. I have the other two pieces also but they are just too pitted to offer. $25.00 for the three pieces

Plastic Trunk Lock cover... has a couple cracks as shown, but not broken apart. Has been painted twice with the car so it's kinda tri-colored. No extra charge for that!!!LOL!!! $15.00

1966 only Trunk Lid Prop Rod...this is the tube and hook style, not the slider bar style from 64 and early 65. Needs painted but is complete...$25.00

Thats it for now. As usual, the buyer pays the shipping from my house in Pinckney Mi., near Ann Arbor. Message with any questions and thanks for the ad FABO!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_3341.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 645
  • 100_3340.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 730
  • 100_3342.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 641
  • 100_3343.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 100_3162.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 656
OK all, I have a sale pending on the hinges and the hinge trim pieces. He doesn't want the window trim piece so when the deal is complete I'll update the thread again with up to date info and if anybody wants the trim piece, I'll take $15.00 for it!! Thanks FABO, Geof

OK all, the hinges and hinge covers have been sold!!! PM also sent on the trim around the trunk seperator. Thanks for the ad FABO, Geof

OK, whats the deal with the tube and hook trunk rod? I got one and is it supposed to hold the trunk up by spring pressure alone or is there some sort of locking mech that locks the prop rod up? Mine holds the trunk up at about a 45 degree, is that right?

Pishta, there is a hole on the side of the trunk lip on the drivers side that the prop rod hook goes in, and another hook and strap on the trunk lid itself that the top push bar hook goes into. There is also a spring inside the tube that holds pressure on the slider rod that helps push up the trunk lid and keep it open when the lid is open. Sometimes the spring will weaken and not hold up the lid, in which case a spacer can be put inside the tube under the spring to restore spring pressure. Different length spacers will yield different spring pressure to "dial in" the required pressure accoring to the rate of your springs weakness!! Does that make sence?? Geof

Does the rod unhook to close or does it just compress the spring? All good so far.

The inner slider tube simply compresses the spring inside the tube as you close the trunk, and stays inside when the trunk is closed. When you open the trunk, the spring pressure from the tube will push the inner slider back out, aiding in the opening of the trunk, and when the trunk is open, the spring should hold up the trunk. The tubes never come apart, the hooks never should come off, and when the trunk is fully open, there should be just a small bit of spring pressure to counteract the weight of the trunk!! If your trunk lid doesn't open almost all the way, a spacer may be needed to increase the pressure until the prop rod will hold it almost vertical. Not quite, but almost!! So good so far?? Geof

Good price on the trunk prop, it wasn't a 66 only part though, they were used on all Cudas built after Jan 65.

And for those that don't know, the trunk lid was also different depending on which style prop your car came with.

Good price on the trunk prop, it wasn't a 66 only part though, they were used on all Cudas built after Jan 65.

And for those that don't know, the trunk lid was also different depending on which style prop your car came with.

Yes Blownfish, very true on the prop rod. I wasn't going to go into the details and didn't know when the changeover was, but I knew some 65 cars had the spring prop rod. Also true is the difference in the trunk lid. I don't think the earlier style even had the embossment for the top hook. Thanks for helping with some info, and I hope people will read this and check to make sure this is the item they need if they are thinking of installing it on a 65 car!!! I would post the difference, but my 66 car is out at the shop and I haven't been there in over a week now!! Geof

OK all, as of now all of the items have been either sold or spoken for. I will post any updates as they become available, but I need to allow time for the interested parties to respond to our correspondence. Thanks for all the interest in this stuff, and thanks for the ad FABO!!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back