1964 Dart Crossmember

-

64Conv8

64Conv8
Reaction score
I took out a good slant 6 and rebuilt a 318 to replace it with...030 over etc..question..will it drop right in or do I have to replace the crossmember..new motor mount conversion mounts are perfect from Shoemaker parts......

It will drop right in.While I had mine out I cut a notch out the drivers side and boxed it in,makes it easier to tuck dual exhaust up.:Doh,welcome to FABO,

Hi, thanx...just was not sure..heard a rumor today that it had to have a v8 crossmember..I have 2 of these an ton of parts....this hot rod and a dead stock red one...fun cars 4 the summer...thanx walt..michigan

Early a k frames are the same from v8 to slant 6. You will need a v8 centerlink since it drops a bit more than the slant six. Also the oil filter housing is a 90 degree unit and exhaust manifolds should be early a or modified/ aftermarket. Im not sure if the 318 oil pan will fit. Dont forget a bigger radiator to cool the bigger engine. Happy wrenching. Pretty car!

you will need the 273 motor mount brackets from an early A body or Barracuda the later mounts wont work

Gonna need a V8 gas pedal assembly also, they are cable operated unlike the linkage unit for the slanty!!

-
Back