1964 Dart GT overhaul "consultant(s)"

-

UnSubNiagara

Reaction score
I've been out of the "hot rod" group for a while (kids, marriage, etc). I picked up a 64GT black tag that is really great shape. I want to do a serious pro-Street overhaul and since this IS the Primier place for knowledge; I was looking for individuals who may be willing to work with me as "advisors". The last thing I want to do is drop cash on components that will never work.

So yes- I'm asking complete strangers for help. Odd? Maybe, but I find most people are willing to help when they know they are appreciated:)

I'm going for a similar setup as the 64 Dart that was done by MagnumResearch (4link, 12pt cage, 700hp).
The only parts I have compiled so far is a:
Dana60 (43-1/2" hub/hub)from Chassis Engineering
strange 35spline axels
Willwood 12" setup with ebrake
Richmond 4.10's
Mickey 29x18.5-15's

Honestly, I'd like to go with a full frame from Art Morrison or SW but may have to do front and rear separately to make it fit in my budget. If anyone has opinions on what works best: please offer your honest opinion!

I have been a member for a while but have not posted for a while and now summer is upon us, I'd like to get some parts purchased. I would like to stay small block (and Chevrolet :eek:ops:powered:eek:ops:). Should I start with front end or back half?

Anticipating some knowledgable advice:burnout:

Regards,
Karl

-
Back