1964 Dart Heater Wiring ?

-

MILO

Reaction score
Putting the heater box back in non A/c 64 Dart got the wiring mostly figured out except I dont rember where the long (3 ft) brown ground wire connects it must be somewhere on the drivers side of the car because of the length but I cant figure out where. Thanks again for any help Milo

The heater case is grounded to a sheetmetal screw behind the right kickpanel on 67 up.
I dont know where the factory put it in the first gen cars but chassis ground is what it is. Just about anywhere would work. Good luck

The heater case is grounded to a sheetmetal screw behind the right kickpanel on 67 up.
I dont know where the factory put it in the first gen cars but chassis ground is what it is. Just about anywhere would work. Good luck
I looked and looked I would like to put it back to the original ground position for 64 Darts but cant seem to find the place or hole to put the ground screw in I know that I took it out somewhere I should have labeled it with a piece of masking tape but I dident.

FWIW I just pulled my heater box out of my 66 Dart.The brown ground was attached by a screw behind the right kickpanel.Good luck.

Ever wonder why its in such a place ?
If absence of that kick panel is mandatory when going in /out with the heatercase, the kick panel doesn't get damaged. There really is a method to the madness. :)

Thanks for everyones help sure enough it goes up around behind the heater box then down behind the right kick pad and attaches to a screw hole about 3/4 the way down from the top

-
Back