Not open for further replies.

tone

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all - I'm looking to sell or trade my 1964 Plymouth Barracuda. I've worked my way through most of the mechanics and everything is back in pretty good working condition. I've been driving it on a 40mi round trip a few days a week to work and back and a few weekends ago I put about 240mi on it without issue. I have a clean Maryland title.

Mileage: ~108k
Trans: 3 on the tree
Engine: 273 V8
Price: $2750

Reason for selling: I live in the city and I rent a garage that's about 20 mins in the opposite direction from work. It's getting expensive - and the car needs body work that I'm not capable of doing. I enjoy the mechanics more than I do sheet metal and it's been a fun car to work on, but with most classic cars, it's turning into a money pit. Selling on a loss is still cheaper than $175 in rent each month and body work I can't afford a shop to do.

More details:
It's not a complete rust bucket, but it's definitely got body rust that needs addressed at some point. Most of the rust is low - the frame has a couple of rougher looking spots but doesn't seem to be terrible. I believe the car to be from new england - not surprising. The floor pans need patching or replacing - the front fenders need replaced, but I've got some replacement fenders that should fit that haven't been installed yet (from a 64 signet). The rear quarters are rusted down low and the rear valance (not sure if that's the proper name) that connects up with the rear fenders needs some metal work. The car has all trim and it's in decent shape - a couple of the fender pieces have dings in them. The roof, doors, hood, front valance are all in good shape. The trunk needs the extensions replaced and probably the wheel well replaced - I've got a replacement wheel well - just needs the side extension pieces.

The interior is pretty well complete - no missing trim or parts. The original AM radio still works and I recently repaired the heater and duct work, so that works now as well. The drivers side door panel needs reupholstered (probably just replaced - replacements are available) and the seats aren't original to the car. The rear folding bench seat is in good shape. I've got some replacement seats that I've been tearing down that will need new foam and covers - I'm doing the rust removal and repaint on the frames right now - I'll throw those in with the vehicle if interested.

The engine doesn't smoke or leak. It runs pretty strong, given its age. I'm not overly pleased with the manual choke setup on it - I recently got a replacement choke thermostat with the intent of removing the manual choke, but have yet to install it.

Recently replaced the worn carburetor with a new old stock carburetor (holley economaster) ... makes a huge difference in how the car runs. Also installed a solid state voltage regulator, but the gas gauge is still not working right. That may be fixed by the time I sell it - it's one of the next things on the list.

Photos are a little deceiving - the body isn't as nice as it appears to be and the paint is definitely dull. All in all, the car could be a fun driver while you do body work on it.

Interested in trades that don't involve body work past bolt on/bolt off type of work, particularly for early trucks and/or mopars with easier to find replacement parts!

Attachments

• 2010-10-13_17-47-25_201.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 2010-10-13_17-49-20_365.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 2010-10-13_17-48-22_47.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 2010-10-13_17-51-27_771.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 368
wow... nice. If the rust isnt tragic this is one heck of a deal... best of luck on the sale.

Reduced to $2500. I'm moving in July and don't have anywhere to store it or any real way to transport it where I'm moving (and obviously I'm not entertaining trades anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back