1964 Plymouth Valiant Convertible-Latch Problem

-

ConValiant64

Reaction score
On the driver's side of my 1964 Valiant convertible, the latch doesn't fully lock the top to the window frame. Not sure what might be blocking the mechanism, but is there an easy explanation or fix?

On the driver's side of my 1964 Valiant convertible, the latch doesn't fully lock the top to the window frame. Not sure what might be blocking the mechanism, but is there an easy explanation or fix?
Are you saying the top doesn't seat down on the windshield frame, or that you can't get the latch to lock?

hi, I have a 64 Plymouth valiant,
ive stripped it down and re sprayed the whole body.
only now I have an issue with fitting the convertible top,
I cannot for the life of me work out where the two large springs to make to top easier to lift up go back and its really staring to annoy me.

please could somebody help me

Welcome.
I just read your post today and I also have a 64 Valiant convertible. I don't recall seeing any springs but I'll take a look tomorrow (Saturday) and see if I can take a picture.
Mine is a manual top. Is yours power or manual?

hi, I have a 64 Plymouth valiant,
ive stripped it down and re sprayed the whole body.
only now I have an issue with fitting the convertible top,
I cannot for the life of me work out where the two large springs to make to top easier to lift up go back and its really staring to annoy me.

please could somebody help me
Your best bet would be to find a 1964 Valiant service manual online. I have a '66 manual, but apparently '66's only came with the power top, so there is no information in it.

guess I need to start being a contributor.....kinda love my 64's standard folding top....pictures at 8..........

-
Back