1964 Plymouth Valiant-Ebay Radiator Options

-

ConValiant64

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wow! Who thought that recoring a stock radiator would cost so much? That said, has anyone ever purchased and installed a new aluminum radiator off of E-bay? If so, which company is most reputable and made in America? I'm looking for a good (and cheap) three core with no 'fit' issues.

Can't help on the "good and cheap". Bear in mind that the core opening is only 19 inches wide for 64 unless you cut the passenger side out to fit a 22 inch radiator or swap in a 65/66 22 inch core support. Good luck on your search!

Try champion they also have an US made division if you were looking for that.

Wow! Who thought that recoring a stock radiator would cost so much? That said, has anyone ever purchased and installed a new aluminum radiator off of E-bay? If so, which company is most reputable and made in America? I'm looking for a good (and cheap) three core with no 'fit' issues.

Oh Yeah, I just paid 550 clams to get my original radiator re-cored. It's beautiful but yikes it was expensive.

Is your Valiant a /6 or a V8? If it's a slant, I did a radiator swap that was pretty economical and can help with the details.

Dont remember the brand
CAM01827.jpg
, but it was $150

Oh Yeah, I just paid 550 clams to get my original radiator re-cored. It's beautiful but yikes it was expensive.

Is your Valiant a /6 or a V8? If it's a slant, I did a radiator swap that was pretty economical and can help with the details.
Originally, it was a 6, but is now an 8. Question: Any plastic that is visible (tanks), or is it all aluminum?

Mine was all aluminum with a brass drain and brass trans cooler line fittings.

Yes bought 3 core to replace stock radiator, the bottom support holes were about 3/32 to low could not get support bolt to thread on just filed it to make it work.

I would use a 22" wide radiator. I wouldn't worry about cutting the 19" opening wider. Some people here imagine that air only flows in a straight line, but since a radiator has standoff space to the core, the air will curve to flow thru the whole core.

-
Back