1964 Valiant Drag car

-

marty's 1964

Reaction score
I have a 1964 Plymouth Valiant Drag car with a 440 motor. the headers are small fender type on the pasenger side they hit the shock mount on top. I wont to put new headers and disk brakes. what car like Duster,aspen, could I use?

Attachments

• car 020.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,033
  • car 021.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 918
  • car 022.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 934
  • car 024.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • car 026.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 906
  • car 027.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 2,324
first make sure your not in quick reply. If you are click "Go Advanced" which is just below. Once your in advanced reply, look for a little paper clip sign near the WHITE smile face above the text box.Now just click "attachments", and click "browse" to find the file that you want to upload. After you've selected the file you want. Click "Upload". Done

Welcome to the site. As far as I've seen, your only option is custom built headers for a 440 in an early A. I'll be in your same boat here soon when I drop my engine in to start mocking up a set. I'm going to try to build some using 2" pipe while puting 2 pipes inside the frame rail on the drivers side and 3 inside the frame rail on the passenger side. As for the brakes, just look for a 73 and later A-body donor car with single piston, LBP, disc brakes. Make sure you get the UCAs, spindles, calipers, rotors, and proportioning valve; also the dual MC if you don't already have one or go for one of the later plastic ones, but you'll need an adapter plate if you go that direction. Good luck.

welcome. for a drag only hotrod i'd recommend wilwoods. yes like was mentioned the headers have to be custom made. you have a really nice hotrod, i had a 66 baracuda with a 440 in it and make my own headers. since my 66 was drag only i just remove the front brakes but i had the large newyorker drums on the back.

I like this car!! That is a very nice car. I always like the earlier Darts for drag cars.

Switch to volare aspen brakes. Bigger rotors plus an added bennefit is the high speed handling is very improved. You will still need the big ball joint upper arms from a 73-75 a body and go to your local parts store and pick up caster correction upper arm bushings. Not to expensive at all. New upper a arms are now found on ebay for around 120 a pair. Or go tubular.:cheers:

really nice for a track only car.....but.....why is there not a single guage in front of the driver?

once i leave the line i dont look at oil, battery,temp untill i get on return lane its all about racing were is the other car speed you just have to feel the car. i have been drag racing for 20 years and never have i one a race by looking at gauges just shift light and tach.

once i leave the line i dont look at oil, battery,temp untill i get on return lane its all about racing were is the other car speed you just have to feel the car. i have been drag racing for 20 years and never have i one a race by looking at gauges just shift light and tach.

I dunno. I figure if you have time to look at your temp gauge during a run, you really need a faster car... :-\"

Im not talking about actually staring at them but having them in more eyesight in front of you, so that you have them in your perifrials. 6.65 seconds is a long time under WOT and things can go wrong

its just a pet peve of mine, if you are happy with it then so be it, I just had a suggestion

-
Back