1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
SUM-UP303 it is just called Red.
This is what they now have. Looks like the same color, they now call it Viper Red. Has a G suffix. Maybe reformulated? Who knows. Looks the same though. I think this'll do it. At least it's real automotive paint and very affordable. Paint's still a long way away, but I might go ahead and buy it to get it at that price. I plan on getting another purple Harbor Freight gun so I'll have one for primer and one for color. Primer might happen this year. I plan to get to bare metal and prime first, doing bodywork like a panel at a time, so I can still drive her. I need to get that driver's quarter patch and get that on, then proceed to the passenger's side, start sanding that to bare metal and see how bad it is. It may end up needing that same patch, but so far it looks a lot better than the driver's side. We shall see.

This is what they now have. Looks like the same color, they now call it Viper Red. Has a G suffix. Maybe reformulated? Who knows. Looks the same though. I think this'll do it. At least it's real automotive paint and very affordable. Paint's still a long way away, but I might go ahead and buy it to get it at that price. I plan on getting another purple Harbor Freight gun so I'll have one for primer and one for color. Primer might happen this year. I plan to get to bare metal and prime first, doing bodywork like a panel at a time, so I can still drive her. I need to get that driver's quarter patch and get that on, then proceed to the passenger's side, start sanding that to bare metal and see how bad it is. It may end up needing that same patch, but so far it looks a lot better than the driver's side. We shall see.
[/URL]
They did some re-formulation a couple years back, to make stuff more voc compliant.
Don't forget the hardener and thinner.

Summits primer is also good. SUM-SWSP310Q-12
The paint shoots fine thru the purple gun.

Looking forward to seeing your car in red.

^^^ Like she said "If that burger's stuff, mayo, ketsup, relish, runs down your face, then it is just right!"

If you block and sand that Mopar till your arms fall off....if you shoot enough paint that the wife points out your runs...then you know you shoot enough paint on that sucker!!!! then its just right!!

I finally found Vixen some chrome 7/16 acorn lug nuts. They are a beeotch to find in 7/16 left hand thread, too. Looks a lot better than them old rusty lug nuts.

IMG_20230319_181351.jpg

I pulled a frilly red ribbon out of a cat's *** once.

NOT fun.

He was one of the most independent punk-*** cats I've ever had.

VERY ironic that he ate a frilly ribbon and then had it hanging out of his ***.

I miss you Buff.

He was actually in my dream a couple of nights ago.

I will give all yall a tip on using these aftermarket acorn lug nuts on factory wheels. This is important, so pay the hell attention. The factory beveled open end acorn lug nuts come to a fine point on the inside edge of the bevel. The aftermarket lug nuts do not come to as fine of a point. They are the same angle, 60 degrees I believe it is, but their inside point is more "blunt" so to speak, so you have to look carefully to ensure that the bevel of the lug nut engages enough of the bevel of the wheel. If not, they can work loose over time, even when torqued to spec. Luckily, my factory wheels have a generous enough bevel that it allowed for enough engagement of the bevel on the lug nut to the bevel on the wheel. Had it not been enough, you can carefully enlarge the female bevel in the wheel with a special 60 degree cutter enough to use these aftermarket style lug nuts. My guess is though, since these wheels have a generous enough seat, that all the Mopar wheels probably do. I know some of them came stock with these type solid acorn lug nuts, so that's probably the reason.

Great tip! I'd imagine that it would apply to any type of wheels those type lug nuts hold, steelies, rallyes or road wheels.

Are those 13 or 14 inch wheels on Vixen?

Great tip! I'd imagine that it would apply to any type of wheels those type lug nuts hold, steelies, rallyes or road wheels.

Are those 13 or 14 inch wheels on Vixen?
They are 13". I have a set of 14" slots for her in the future, but I have to wear these tires out first and that's taking a while. lol

That's 'cuz you're too easy on the clutch.

Got it all done and installed. The adjustment is a little tricky, as always in the FSM the language is not always straight forward, but I got it done. Shifts very smoothly. It's brighter red than the rest of the interior, but I don't care. It looks a LOT better than it did and operates even better than it looks.
View attachment 1715925782

View attachment 1715925783 View attachment 1715925784
Say, what brand cupholder console do you have there? Asking for a thirsty friend with a 65 Valiant 3 on the tree bench seater....

That's 'cuz you're too easy on the clutch.
You be quiet. lol Yes, I drive like an old man, I admit. I don't believe in abuse for one and the more important reason is Vixen is a daily driver staple. I don't need anything happening to her and I'm not gonna "help it out" either. lol

-
Back