factory V8 car
push button auto
remote drivers door mirror, day night interior mirror
bumper guards
AM radio
heater
variable speed wipers
suregrip 2.93 rear
Los Angeles California build car that was in CA till 2003.

273 replaced by a rebuilt 318,
I re-used the 273 valve covers & timing cover so it looks like a 273
273 4bbl air cleaner, LD4B intake, Edelbrock# 1406 600 cfm electric choke carb
cast # 302 heads so unleaded gas is no problem

dual exhaust
new carpet with extra sound deadner under the carpet for a quieter car
under dash stereo, so the dash was not cut

205/70R14 tires.

manual brakes
manual steering

email cavemanmoron at yahoo.com

phone 518-772-3040 until 9pm Eastern time, leave a message.Please.

DSCN2085Medium.JPG

DSCN2307Medium.JPG

DSCN2084Medium.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8mci4rjFU

Still available.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8mci4rjFU"]YouTube- 1964 Valiant dual exhaust[/ame]

I am thinking of going to Rhinebeck, NY May 1st, to the car corral.

http://rhinebeckcarshow.com/

Car Corral

If you want to sell a car, try our Car Corral. It’s in a great location, right next to the show field and there is space for well over 500 vehicles. Car Corral spaces are $50 per vehicle for the whole weekend, and are NOT sold prior to the show weekend. Spaces may be purchased from noon to 8 PM on Friday and throughout the rest of the weekend at Car Corral entrance.

I went to Rhinebeck wow there was a Lot of cars there!!

I parked near a 1966 Signet that was also for sale, never did see anyone near that car though.

how did you get the stock 273 air cleaner base over the eddy carb? I'm doing the same swap and the hole in the stock is ~ 1" too small. did you use a diff. base??
thanks...
BTW: nice car!!

how did you get the stock 273 air cleaner base over the eddy carb? I'm doing the same swap and the hole in the stock is ~ 1" too small. did you use a diff. base??
thanks...
I'm having the opposite problem. I went from an eddy carb back to a Carter carb. The base that fit over the eddy carb is too big for the Carter 4bbl. The diameters of the carter are 4 1/2" od and 4 1/8" id. The base for the eddy carb is 5 1/8" od. The original 273 air cleaner cover fits over that with no problem.

thanks...

Aftermarket universal air cleaner base.

Over here in Oz, we didn't get 2dr versions, only 4dr sedans and wagons....called an AP5....and AP5 were not available with a 8....that was later in the AP6.
Nice ride by the way.

Over here in Oz, we didn't get 2dr versions, only 4dr sedans and wagons....called an AP5....and AP5 were not available with a 8....that was later in the AP6.
Nice ride by the way.

Thanks, OZ had a real neat UTE too, I have always wanted to get one,
but never had the money...

ute1.jpg

2488046351_3ba58ca94d.jpg

caveman you are killiing me, I will have at least 8k in my '66 by the time it's done (if I do it all) and it won't be as nice. Hope you find it a good home soon...

caveman you are killiing me, I will have at least 8k in my '66 by the time it's done (if I do it all) and it won't be as nice. Hope you find it a good home soon...

I have more money than I am asking in the car,
between the $ money paid for the car,:toothy10:
exhaust, carpet, new front windshield, 14" rims, and tires,
buying a low mileage 318, rebuilding the 318, LD4B intake, carb,
electronic ignition, starter, alternator, water pump, cam, etc. etc.:clock:

Its cheaper to buy a car done, than to do it.I still got lucky,
buying a west coast car, that is not a rusted out car.

Yep, I agree buying them done is definitely the way to go, both from a time and money invested standpoint. My problem is I love to "save" stuff... :) I never have enough patience to just save my money and wait for the right deal...

-
Back