1964 Valiant steering column seal

-

duelingcudas

Reaction score
Could someone provide the Chrysler part number for the steering column seal, 1964 Valiant with manual steering, see photo, and who makes a replacement seal.
steering-seal-3.jpg
Is there a locking ring or something else needed in the assembly?

Check with "Vansauto". I cant find my invoice right now, but if its the same as a 66 b-cuda, look under 63-66 abodies.
I think it is just the seal on the very end of the shaft that goes in their. DMT might have it also. They are not hard to find. Mine was about $20.00.

Dave

The little flange at the end of the steering column is the only thing holding that seal in place

Yes that is the one I ordered. I havn't installed it yet cause, I havn't changed my coluum to manual steering. hope this helps
Dave

Same one I used on my 66. I found it easiest to pull the column, remove the steering wheel and the steering shaft to install.

Yes that is the one I ordered. I havn't installed it yet cause, I havn't changed my coluum to manual steering. hope this helps
Dave
Thanks. Looks like the price went up. (May I suggest leaving the power steering. It makes the car so much more pleasant to park.)

-
Back