1965 273 PCV valve

-

MoparDreamin

Reaction score
Where can I find a replacement for a reasonable price? I have the oe threaded kind. Is there a way to put a grommet in the cap so I can use a cheap push-in autozone pcv.

Depends on what you consider a "reasonable price". Three basic options.

1. Order the correct part from Year One or any of the other usual suspects.

2. Get later style push-in PCV valve, find rubber grommet of some sort in "Help" section of parts store, enlarge hole in PCV cap to fit grommet.

3. Get later valve covers from junkyard.

do you have any parts of one or none at all? I have some various parts, I can look and see and try to post a picture.

There is one on ebay for $23. Seems like a small price to pay to have your car function correctly and look stock.

yeah. $23 isn't too bad i guess. Still, at that price I am going to try and clean out the one that i have now.

Where can I find a replacement for a reasonable price? I have the oe threaded kind. Is there a way to put a grommet in the cap so I can use a cheap push-in autozone pcv.
.......................................................................................................
You mean one of these?? :) I have a few of them in stock but I need to research the company and part number to verify application. I think the 170 engine used a different one than the 225 and V8 for some reason.....flow maybe? Anybody have an Essex catalog? Hey, at least it's made in Detroit!

100_0583.jpg

.......................................................................................................
You mean one of these?? :) I have a few of them in stock but I need to research the company and part number to verify application. I think the 170 engine used a different one than the 225 and V8 for some reason.....flow maybe? Anybody have an Essex catalog? Hey, at least it's made in Detroit!

LOL Thats prob 30 years old. Try to find a new one now, not too easy.
Mopar was selling them as a Hemi restoration part, a few years ago...
Problem is they are $70 or more as a kit.

P4529895 426 Hemi pcv package
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-1629

Thats the one I used, just made it fit the cap, worked fine.

I have to say i am in the same boat. Tried the autozone one but you can really tell its ''ghetto-engineered''. Guess I am going to have to search ebay.

I have to say i am in the same boat. Tried the autozone one but you can really tell its ''ghetto-engineered''. Guess I am going to have to search ebay.
I still have some like the one in the photo I posted earlier. $10 plus UPS to FABO members in the USA.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back