1965 Barracuda 273 V-8 4 Barrel 4 speed.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarracudaDave

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273 V-8 4 Barrel 4 speed. 8 ¾ rear end.

Car runs and drives. Starts right up. Shifts smoothly. (First and second anyway. Car is not registered or insured and I have a lot of police in my neighborhood. I am limited to a very small area.)

See U-tube video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsMimHm_v8&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsMimHm_v8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

No title. Bill of sale only.

Started the restoration but don’t have the time. Fun 4 speed car. New master cylinder and rear brake cylinders. Started to restore front suspension. Remainder of suspension kit included with car. Some rust over passenger side rear wheel as well as behind driver side rear wheel. Front floors need some patches as well. Needs new interior. All of the trim is there except for the passenger side rear wheel well trim. Radio bezel included, but no radio.

I installed the auxiliary gas can under the hood because the gas tank needs to be dropped and cleaned out. Wanted to run clean gas.

www.laysons.com sells rear quarter patch panels needed to do the car right. Example: Part number KK-635rpl

Local pick up or will work with shipping company that you hire.

Patch it, paint it or just drive it. Fun project!

Located in Lewisville, TX

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJC0E-P-jLtkHBPvFgb77J!~~60_12[1].jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,895
  • $(KGrHqVHJCcE-f1GDlNIBPvFr(hPn!~~60_12[1].jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,823
  • $(KGrHqFHJCkE8fYNUSgsBPvFld624!~~60_12[1].jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,824
  • $(KGrHqFHJEwE-uPPtU5hBPvFi6yUIQ~~60_12[1].jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,819
  • $(KGrHqNHJBsE-M2I2y03BPvFl)KZjg~~60_12[1].jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,856
  • $(KGrHqRHJCQE-dQs2DQ5BPvFhqInug~~60_12[1].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • $(KGrHqFHJEoE-ll5dR!TBPvFkgzQWw~~60_12[1].jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,841
  • $(KGrHqZHJBwE-d,bnSpvBPvFh9PZFg~~60_12[1].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,853
  • $(KGrHqJHJBwE-dg)E7swBPvFgtMjs!~~60_12[1].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,934
  • $(KGrHqRHJBQE-cO4pOLGBPvFhV)qIg~~60_12[1].jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,852
I know someone is looking for a 4 speed. Don't hesitate to make an offer. Not looking for a trade right now. Thanks!

NEW PRICE!!! $3,950. Taking a loss on this one. I would like to free up the garage space. Running 4 speed.

Anyone know how to take the price out of the title?? Thanks!

Just realized why this may be a problem for Texas buyers...no title. Bump for ya so out of staters can maybe pick it up.

TXStang84 you may be right. I did not put a lot of weight on the title situation. Some states don't even have titles for old cars. Just registration. The title thing may be a bigger deterrrent than I thought. I will look into a texas bonded title. You can sell the car with a bonded title and they turn into a regular title after a certain amount of time. ? Good input! Thanks.

Had a few questions asked about the condition of the rocker panels. Pictures attached. Also, the wipers and fan work.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_0911.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,002
Finally got a title for it and did a little more work. Sold it on Craigslist in Dallas. The videos helped.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGajUsVCoIE"]1965 Barracuda For Sale - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7N5EZQEQlk"]1965 Barracuda For Sale - YouTube[/ame]

Now I can focus on old red. Soon to be new red. :cheers:

What all did you have to do to get the title? I live in Texas also and need to do the same thing. Thanks

I had to get a bonded title. They have bonding agencies close to most dmv offices. I think the cost was based on the value of the car? I think I paid under $200 for the bond. You take the bond to the dmv and get a bonded title. If no one steps forward to claim the car for 36 months, the bonded title can be converted to a "regular" title. Not sure how that works. They may just leave the title as is until the car changes hands and is retitled. I don't think there is much chance of someone trying to claim a 48 year old barn find. Maybe a 2010 Mercedes.

There are a lot of companies out there that will provide this service for you if you don't have the time. I had to run to the dmv at lunch a couple of times to get it all completed but saved about $150 doing it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back