Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisB

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello all

I’m in need of a bumper jack base for a 65 Barracuda. It must work with the factory 13 inch wheels when used in the trunk when used to secure the spare. Other bases do not fit through the center hole of the spare tire rim. I could use a spring to secure the jack. I see aftermarket springs for sale but they are listed fo 1966 and up. I’m uncertain what the 65 Barracuda spring looks like. I’d like an original wing nut that secures the jack base to the spare as well. Lastly, the pressed wood board that covers the spare and acts as the trunk floor would be helpful.
Thanks!

Got several complete jack assemblies that I’ve saved from early A’s (mostly 65 Darts, a 65 Valiant and 65 Barracuda). Some of these had wheels swapped from 13 to 14 inches so not sure about fitment. Also have several assemblies to hold everything down and have one of the tire covers (might be expensive to ship). PM me if interested or further info.

Got several complete jack assemblies that I’ve saved from early A’s (mostly 65 Darts, a 65 Valiant and 65 Barracuda). Some of these had wheels swapped from 13 to 14 inches so not sure about fitment. Also have several assemblies to hold everything down and have one of the tire covers (might be expensive to ship). PM me if interested or further info.

Thanks for the info. I have a jack assembly but the base is incorrect for the 13 inch wheels. I just measured the hole in the center of the rim and it’s 2 1/4 inches across. The base must have a 2 1/4 inch protrusion or a tad less where the jack slips in. Other than that, a jack hold down spring and spare tire hold down wing nut is all I require I think. Is the board that covers the tire in good shape? I have one but someone must have dropped it or, placed something heavy on it. It’s almost broken in half.

I have what believe to be original jack base, hold down rod, and washer from a 64 Dart Sedan. There is an ad in tires and wheels with pictures but believe it has passed the one month w/o replies. Still have these pieces. PM for info.
Dave S.

Hello all

I’m in need of a bumper jack base for a 65 Barracuda. It must work with the factory 13 inch wheels when used in the trunk when used to secure the spare. Other bases do not fit through the center hole of the spare tire rim. I could use a spring to secure the jack. I see aftermarket springs for sale but they are listed fo 1966 and up. I’m uncertain what the 65 Barracuda spring looks like. I’d like an original wing nut that secures the jack base to the spare as well. Lastly, the pressed wood board that covers the spare and acts as the trunk floor would be helpful.
Thanks!

Update. I would like to acquire a complete 1965 Barracuda jack assembly. I have a beautiful restored jack but I believe it’s for the 67-69 model years.

If you have a complete 65 Barracuda jack assembly, let me know. The base has to be 2 1/4 at the area where the jack slips into it. Thanks.
Ps. Photos would help as well

I believe I have the 65 Barracuda with 13" wheels jack parts and original pressed wood trunk cover you want. If you are still looking for some, PM me.

I believe I have the 65 Barracuda with 13" wheels jack parts and original pressed wood trunk cover you want. If you are still looking for some, PM me.
Would you have photos of the parts by chance? How much $$ for the parts?
Thanks

Would you have photos of the parts by chance? How much $$ for the parts?
Thanks
I have the same spring shown in my trunk photo . $20 + ship. Hold down parts (not oem) $25 ÷ ship. I can make an exact duplicate of the original board shown from 1/4 In masonite for $65 ÷ ship same as I use my 65 Barracuda trunk..First place 2018 Chrysler Nationals winner. And I have a very nice restored 65 Barracuda Jack handle. $35 + ship. That's all I could find right now.
20191118_144942.jpg
20191118_150451.jpg
20191118_151206.jpg
20191118_151144.jpg
20191118_163824.jpg

20191118_164033.jpg

I have the same spring shown in my trunk photo . $20 + ship. Hold down parts (not oem) $25 ÷ ship. I can make an exact duplicate of the original board shown from 1/4 In masonite for $65 ÷ ship same as I use my 65 Barracuda trunk..First place 2018 Chrysler Nationals winner. And I have a very nice restored 65 Barracuda Jack handle. $35 + ship. That's all I could find right now.
View attachment 1715425251 View attachment 1715425252 View attachment 1715425253 View attachment 1715425254 View attachment 1715425259

View attachment 1715425258
Thanks for the photo. Currently, I have the correct hold down bolt and ring that fits into the hole of the trunk board. My board looks different than the one in your photos. It is original so not sure why yours is different. My jack looks like yours. From what I’ve seen on the internet, the 67-69 Barracuda jack looks similar. I’m uncertain if I have the correct jack or not. I’m wondering if the only difference is the base. I do know that my base does not mount in the center hole of the wheel. I’ve attached a photo of my board which I might just glue back together

image.jpg

Here is the jack assembly that came out of my 65 Dart wagon; however, I cannot verify that it’s original. I have another jack assembly that the base is gray that I will have to dig out of storage.

0DBD1EEE-D051-405D-8244-3EC270C0A075.jpeg

Here is an original spare tire cover. Every early A I’ve ever seen looks like this:

C2750609-4BD0-4871-93B9-F30D3265D045.jpeg

I can verify that the base of the jack pictured DOES NOT fit the center wheel opening of a 14 in SBP wheel (same opening as the 13 in wheel. Here is the jack with the gray baseplate. It DOES fit the SBP wheel center opening.

17D70C16-8A77-48F0-AF39-FA8741AE4CB2.jpeg

I can verify that the base of the jack pictured DOES NOT fit the center wheel opening of a 14 in SBP wheel (same opening as the 13 in wheel. Here is the jack with the gray baseplate. It DOES fit the SBP wheel center opening.

View attachment 1715425574
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I didn’t see a message till now. I’m assuming then that the baseplate section that goes through the wheel opening is 2.5 inches across? I’m confused because if the jack is truly a 1965, the base should fit as all wheels were 13 inch. I have a jack and baseplate that looks just like yours but it’s for a 67-69 Barracuda. The baseplate center is too large as well. Could it be possible that your jack is a 67-69?

Also, I’m looking for a 65 Barracuda power brake booster if you know anyone who may have one.
Thanks
Denis

I might have not been as clear as I should have been - this jack with it’s base DOES NOT fit any SBP wheel. It’s probably from a 73-76
4364DD4A-EABF-42A8-9EF7-B6AD9C6E0BC9.jpeg

This jack’s base DOES FIT the center hole of a SBP wheel. The center hole of the SBP wheel is the same whether 13 or 14 inch

BF51FCA6-B627-44F8-846F-31F9333D718C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back