1965 Barracuda dash in a 1964 plymouth Valiant ?

-

Mopar64340

Reaction score
Hello guys thanks for all the help so far

So i really love the dash in the 65 barracuda and im wondering if anybody has put a 1965 barracuda dash on a 1964 valiant ?

I'm sure it's been done, but the pins in the cluster plug are different, so you have to get that figured out.

Yes it is a bolt in and only issue is wiring. So get the under dash harness from the car you are pulling the dash from. If you have a factory service manual from both you can cross reference the colors and circuits numbers and well before I make it sound harder than it really is. It’s really easy except laying out both harnesses on the kitchen dinner table. Lol. Most partners don’t appreciate it.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Syleng1

Don’t forget the heater controls are different, and the heater box is also different where the heater controls hook up to it. Of course anything can be done.

Use the entire dash assembly (metal frame and all) with wiring. You may have to get the engine/front end harness too, or, at least modify it. at the bulkhead connector. There may be a radio difference IIRC....round vs rectangle buttons? The glove box insert is the same between the two though. I'm assuming that the '64 is a manual trans car? If not, what are you going to do about the shifter?

Use the entire dash assembly (metal frame and all) with wiring. You may have to get the engine/front end harness too, or, at least modify it. at the bulkhead connector. There may be a radio difference IIRC....round vs rectangle buttons? The glove box insert is the same between the two though. I'm assuming that the '64 is a manual trans car? If not, what are you going to do about the shifter?
Good point about the pushbutton shifter! If necessary.

-
Back