1965 Barracuda shift counsel

-

brodphish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can any one tell me if this Hurst floor shift pattern was a stock item? I've looked at any number of first gen Barracuda interiors and never seen it. Sure looks like it could be stock though.

IMG-1849.jpg

IMG-1850.jpg

My 65 Barracuda has that same shift pattern plate, but mine does not have the Hurst logo on it. Every early A body 4 speed car that I have ever owned had that plate with the shift pattern, so it is a stock trim piece.

My 65 Barracuda also has the same plate but no Hurst logo. Also that shifter boot is not the correct one.

That's the plate for 65 and they used a Hurst shifter. I haven't seen the Hurst logo on the console plate though. Is it cast into the plate and painted or a cast emblem or a sticker? They went Inland shifter in 66 and back to Hurst in 68 from what I have read.

Last edited:
That's the plate for 65 and they used a Hurst shifter. I hven't seen the Hurst logo on the console plate though. Is it cast into the plate and painted or a cast emblem or a sticker? They went Inland shifter in 66 and back to Hurst in 67 from what I have read.

64 and 65 had the Hurst shifter. No, 67 had the Inland shifter also. They did not get back to Hurst shifter till 68.

-
Back