1965 Barracuda

-

Fury

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Julian, 24yo from germany and since May 2015 I'am the proud owner of a 1965 Barracuda.
Its an european model (kph speedometer) and was build in the Swiss!
Because there was no WW2 there and after that the us was the only country which could deliver cars.
(For those who didn't know. There are a lot of mopars in the Swiss)

The intérieur is in good condition because it was a collector car but the body needed work because the european climate also the suspension.

For the rusty wheelhouse and lower side panels I used the Repairsheets from classicindustires.
Glad to find them even it was a bit costly with import taxes and shipping.:violent1:

Also the new TTI Exhaust with now two pipes. For me it was the primary part:D:burnout:

Wearing parts like breaks and bushings you can order online from Germany but special parts
i bought from the US.

wheels my first choice for small bolt pattern is centerline auto drag.

Its a 273 2bbl with four on the floor.

Very nice car , I used to have a 65 b'cuda. they are sweet cars.

Attachments

• 65 cuda 020.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 65 cuda.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 65 cuda 030.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 65 cuda 031.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 399
thanks everybody - I try my best

its my first restoration and first car with v8 a dream since I was a child.

Have also a old merc W123 as daily driver and some bikes and italian scooters.
Get my kicks with 2 stroke mix

Servus Julian, sind auch einige Deutsche hier mit Early B´cudas unterwegs unteranderem Stefan (Dodge_Dart_71), Uli (PapstXX) und meine Wenigkeit und noch ne ganze Ecke mehr mit A-Bodies ...

hi Julian, welcome on Board

some more pics
vbpgimage.php

passenger side

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

new gas tank and tti exhaust

Lots of props to you guys overseas for taking on these American restos, sourcing parts is got to be a PITA and costly...Good Luck with her!

Awesome!!! Great to have you with us, love the fine work you're doing on that lucky Cuda!!

thank you all. The Feedbacks are pushing me.
I will update here from time to time, hoping its ok because this tread is now more like a
restauration and not only welcome wagon.

I ordered some sabelt racing seat belts, hope they arrive till Wednesday.

Visiting now with a buddy my shop and take some more pictures, because i noticed some more features only the europe model has.

vbpgimage.php

The Swiss Barracudas has the turn indicator down at the front
and not like the us model in the small round lights in the center of the grill.

All differents I noticed so far (Please correct me if wrong):

-Missing V8 Emblem at the fender behind the headlamps
-Barracuda Emblem on the bottom side of the fender
-Front and rear bumpers with horns
-Speedometer with KPH
-Turn Indicator under the front bumper

Cheers Julian

vbpgimage.php

The Swiss Barracudas has the turn indicator down at the front
and not like the us model in the small round lights in the center of the grill.

All differents I noticed so far (Please correct me if wrong):

-Missing V8 Emblem at the fender behind the headlamps
-Barracuda Emblem on the bottom side of the fender
-Front and rear bumpers with horns
-Speedometer with KPH
-Turn Indicator under the front bumper

Cheers Julian

Hi Julian,

just as far as i know...

-Missing V8 Emblem at the fender behind the headlamps - nope should usually the same as US-Models
-Barracuda Emblem on the bottom side of the Fender - nope should usually the same as US-Models (as mentioned above)
-Front and rear bumpers with Horns - yes
-Speedometer with KPH - yes
-Turn Indicator under the front bumper - yes/nope have seen both versions, and both were claimed to be original Schinznach Cars

furthermore > no fendertag
and maybe headlight flasher (my Schinznach produced Valiant was delivered with one)
that´s just as far as i know...

The American Valiant had the turn light where yours is and Barracuda was offered with bumper guards front and rear.

cool some interesting facts

@Timo: Yes barracuda emblem is the same but with a different place at the fender
and no V8 emblem?
My Cuda has a Fendertag and a tag saying produced in swiss and also a tag with valiant
Can post pics the next time I´m at the shop

Thinking about removing my bumper horns. Looks like a retired person car :D

Sorry my fault I was wrong about the fendertag. Only have these two tags.
vbpgimage.php

Valiant Tag
vbpgimage.php

Finished the inner wheelhouse today, now I belive the welding jobs are done
vbpgimage.php

(of course i have to drag the welded spots)

Also installed the seat belts just for motivation:violent1:
vbpgimage.php

Next Step is finding a company for the paint job and install the wheels

salü Julian..

just digged a bit about Swiss Barracudas and i found some pics... one is from Autogarage Zimmerli and the other one is from a private sales offer

the Barracuda naming is placed on the same locations as on US build cars also the V8 sign on the front part of the fender...

correct for the extra Valiant turn lights and the bumper guards

as an extra they added these sidemarkers/flashers on the fenders at the "Montage Schinznach"

Attachments

• zimmerli.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Schweiz.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 242
I guess the built in what they got at this time becausethere a many differences between the cars.

Or it depends on the model years. In every factory there are mixtures from different years of construcation.
For example after the christmas vacation there were still cars in the production from last year and they rebuilt the fabrication.

Every year is a fun rally for classic cars near my location where you have to drive a whole saturday through the beautiful nature and you habe to do a lot of funny and stupid challenges.:cheers:
Last year you had to dive in a fish tank and search for a spark plug, count the windows on a look-out and dress like the production year of your car ... et cetera.

I started with my "cab" and got the 16th place out of 53 starters
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12047056_854723091291207_7639676191886407880_n.jpg?oh=39dafd1c79caf01ffee08ece4b61929d&oe=5728254A
me and my buddy with the 80´s sweat suit:violent1:
Poorly you can't see the cab sign on the roof saying mirror-inverted MOVE and and arrow to the right.
( "TAXI" is only for real cabs in germany because you have special rights):banghead:

This year my solution is staring with the cuda!:burnout:

cheers julian

vbpgimage.php

now ready for the paint job.
Also ordered some new hoses for the hi jackers because i cutted the left one while working making the wheelhouse rust free:banged:

have also a little electric problem with my lights:violent1: some bugs in the switch ...
but electric is a part of job so it should not be any problem. But I hate folding myself unter the dash board :D

cheers julian

145746256956df1d293f3ea.jpg

Just in Case....
Paintjob is getting done this week!

send us a case of German beer and we will provide more info and B S!!!!!!! great to see you guys over there enjoying our old car hobby and I respect the hardship doing an Am. car must be!! O K even a " Swiss" American car!!!!!

-
Back