1965 Barracuda's first time at track

-

MyBlueCuda

Reaction score
I recently bought a '65 Cuda with a 273 2bbl automatic. After several minor repairs, just to get it running, I thought it was time to take it to the drag strip fun drag night and get some base times. Then every time I put a new part in I can see the improvement.
Best time was a 17.47............not too bad for a bone stock 46 year old car! Probably could have gone faster but I had some traction problems off the line. I really roasted the tires! Here's a link to one of my runs.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1847608384282&comments&set=t.1062861174&type=1

Hope it shows. Had a blast!

Put a 4 bbl carb, good intake, better flowing exhaust and maybe a better cam and watch how much faster you are

That's the plan. I already have an Edelbrock streetmaster intake, a 625 cfm carter afb and a Mopar electronic ignition waiting to put on it. Then exhaust and an 8.75 rear end.
Just taking my time and doing it as I can afford it. Cam is a definite possibility. Just hope my little 7 1/4 rear end can handle it. It may last..........I think it's a sure grip.

Very Cool! I would start with replacing the rear. When me and my best friend built my Cuda years ago, the mild 318 that we dropped in killed the 7 ¼ rear with one trip around the block. I would beef up the drive train and then add the power.

BTW, it looks like you have a one tire fire...that would be an open rear diff.

Have fun:thumrigh:

-
Back