[FOR SALE] 1965 commando barracuda part out

-
im not a gold member so i can only get so many private messages. work at 5am so done for the evening. everyone will be answered in order received. Thanks guys

That is why I was asking, looks to nice to part out, must be a title problem since it is in Illinois and it is impossible to get one in this communist state...
I bought a 1999 Goldwing there (IL) from a private individual in 2011, nice bike low milage. Seller only wanted cash. Drove up there from Arkansas, rode it, paid him for it, loaded it my hauler and brought it home. Being that he would only take cash I was about a thousand short, so I leaned on my credit union for it. When I register it and because I still owed the thousand, the title went to the credit union. I paid back the loan and when I got the title, it was then I found out the Illinois title had been "washed," the title showed that it had been rebuilt. Long story short...The IL DMV more or less said "S**T Happins!" I still have the bike...no where on it is any evidence of ever being damaged. Go figure!
Norm

the center grille
the 2 side grille assemblies
and 2 fog lamps are tentatively sold

How much before shipping on the sway bar and center link, and deck lid lettering. ?

How much before shipping on the sway bar and center link, and deck lid lettering. ?
Good Morning Mike,
This is my wife's membership. She doesn't sell to staff members. Maybe if you were TOOLMANMIKE...LOL. you are #4 on the sway bar...#2 on the center link...How about 5 bucks a letter? Ill do my best not to break any studs and save the nuts.

Last edited:
Can we see what's left/condition of body?

Dang, that looks like way too nice abody with title to part out.

Sure wish you were closer.

That checks a lot of boxes for what my wife is looking for.

Can we see what's left/condition of body?

Dang, that looks like way too nice abody with title to part out.

Sure wish you were closer.

That checks a lot of boxes for what my wife is looking for.
sure...I can have my wife post some more body pics. It's really straight. If you do the body man look down the sides it's really good. Minor lower rear quarter issues and typical small bubbles. It will be after 5 for the pics. I have another one that is overall nicer. 273 2 bbl original. Really nice interior. It is a Georgia car so no title just bill of sale. I had it sent here for 450.00. Dont let mileage scare you if you want a car for her. If you petition an online broker that has a 2-guy team with an 8-car hauler you can get a good deal.

Good Morning Mike,
Do you want the PLMOUTH lettering? If I'm out of line on the pricing let me know.
Best Regards,
Jeff and Karrin
No sir, you are not, last night I found the set I bought as I was preparing my need list, I am glad I boxed All my 66 stuff up, at 66 I know I would have lost many parts. Thank you though

Why in the world would anyone part out a car in this condition? Maybe there's something that I don't know, but it's a crime to take more of these things off the earth. Just sayin....

IF STILL AVAILABLE: Do all of the right side gauges work (fuel, temp, oil)? Is the front bumper rusted/pitted at all?
good morning bakewells. the bumper has surface rust on the outerwings that will Not polish out. it is straight except underneath in the usual 2 spots. I know a guy closer to you that has a pristine straightened and rechromed front bumper. he spent 900 dollars restoring this part and went restomod and never used it. he is a great guy and honest thru and thru. he might take a small loss on it if you want to pay up for one. i could put you in touch with him if you want and he agrees. this car was part of a 3 car lot I bought to restore one. it was in storage for years before I bought the lot so I could not assure you the gauges were working. i would consider sending them to you with a full return guarantee except postage. as far as the bumper I recently saw one on ebay for $550 it was pretty nice

That would be great, thank you, and let me know about gages if no one grabbed them
i have a couple in front of you waiting for a response. i have a really nice speedometer that is not in this dash cluster. the other 4 gauges I cannot guarantee you work. this was a parts car for a restore projectand has not been under power for the 3 years i have owned it and many more before as it was in storage

Wow had to look twice. I bought a 65 same color less than a week ago. Thought what is this guy doing parting out my car! lol

I know I could make money with the parts but my plan is to get the car running again and make it a decent driver, no show car plans. 273 Commando. Odometer reads 52k and the history on the car says this may be original miles. Last known registration was in Texas in 1992. Car has been sitting for decades. All original, motor and tranny still in car. Stock valve covers. Stock hubcaps. Interior is all original but of course will need redone. Even came with an extra back seat that is in good shape, thanks to the way it was stored face down.

Would you guys part it out or fix it up? I don't have the equipment or the knowledge to pull rear ends, engines, and trannies out of cars.

Parts I need - anything behind the back seat in mine was trashed. I also need a rear bumper. Armrests if they're still decent. Possibly the dash pad/vents. Could use the passenger door. (the only spot on the entire car I spotted any rust through). Console shifter and knob. If not sold the center part of the front grille. Mine is cracked. Upper tail light lens or the entire bezel housing if they're nice. That's a start.

If anyone may be interested in the back seat ask me for pics. Would need to be local pickup. (SW Missouri)

IMG_9390.jpg

IMG_9391.jpg

My 7 1/4 posi has a round tag on it that says use limited slip oil only.....could yo be that lucky ?

-
Back