Status
Not open for further replies.

trowlands007

Cuda Tom
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'M looking for drivers side door hinges for my 65 dart 270 convertible. I need both hinges. also looking for sway bars front and rear. let me know if you have these parts, or know someone who does. thank you.
Tom

Agree, post pictures of the hinges you need. I have 2 each uppers and lowers.

these are what is on it now. they are twisted and bent, so the door doesn't sit right or close right. apparently the guy i bought it from had it accidentally knocked into reverse in his garage with the door open and hut the garage door frame. they replaced the door but not the hinges
upload_2021-9-30_9-36-30.jpeg
upload_2021-9-30_9-36-30.jpeg

20210925_172812.jpg

20210930_092152.jpg

20210930_092200.jpg

20210930_092215.jpg

20210930_092200.jpg

I see that they stacked washers under the hinges to shim the doors. It is darn near impossible to bend these door hinges. More likely the doors themselves got bent in the hinge mounting area. I would take the door off and recheck the mounting area first.

I see that they stacked washers under the hinges to shim the doors. It is darn near impossible to bend these door hinges. More likely the doors themselves got bent in the hinge mounting area. I would take the door off and recheck the mounting area first.
THE DOOR WAS REPLACED THE HING LETS IT SWING TO FAR OPEM AND WILL DAMAGE THE DOOR sorry capslock was on. the hinges are messed up at least the bottom one is for sure

Well, the hinge needs to be removed anyway. I would still check the door opening. the washers are cocking the way the hinge sets on the door. Did you have the door replaced or are you just taking the word of someone else about the hinge damage?
Hinges are what I do.
The problem with the hinge set shown above is the roller is bad and the ramp that the roller is supposed to ride on is corroded.
I take care of everything including those items on a full rebuild.

20200721_111807~2.jpg

20200721_111854.jpg

62 65 spring 002.JPG

Last edited:
Well, the hinge needs to be removed anyway. I would still check the door opening. the washers are cocking the way the hinge sets on the door. Did you have the door replaced or are you just taking the word of someone else about the hinge damage?
Hinges are what I do.
The problem with the hinge set shown above is the roller is bad and the ramp that the roller is supposed to ride on is corroded.
I take care of everything including those items on a full rebuild. i know it was replaced i had to drill the holes to put the 270 door molding back on the door the door that is on it now is off of a gt ,so no I am not just taking his word for it.

View attachment 1715798868

View attachment 1715798869

View attachment 1715798875

OK. I said door opening bent (where the hinge mounts) not the door. The door can only open as far as the hinge bar (look at the picture I posted of the door side lower hinge) Unless it is broken off, the hinge cannot open any further.
The clue is the washers...

62-65-1.JPG

62-65-3.JPG

Hinges are what I do.
I take care of everything including those items on a full rebuild.

View attachment 1715798868

View attachment 1715798869

View attachment 1715798875
Isn't that gracious of you to "comment" on the competitions parts. Private conversation ? :wtf:

This is BAD?
upload_2021-10-1_12-53-37.png

Last edited:
No competition, old part vs. reconditioned part...
New solid steel roller vs. metal/plastic roller 50 years old. I can fix yours too.
That is what I do.

62 65 hinge back.jpg

62 65 hinge side.jpg

20200506_192848.jpg

20200627_200742.jpg

20200627_201044.jpg

20200627_201122.jpg

A B LEFT SIDE HINGE.jpg

HINGE REBUILD PARTS.jpg

Attachments

• 2021 MEMBER DISCOUNT HINGE PRICES.pdf
    235.2 KB · Views: 50
  • HINGE-INFO-PAINT-LETTER-2.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
I found 1 lower core. And now an upper core. I don't normally have cores since most guys want their originals redone.
$30. for the core and $80. to rebuild. $110.00 plus $15.50 Priority shipping. I still think you have a door opening problem. All those washers top and bottom is not right.

UPDATED

Attachments

• 1962-1965 DDOR HINGE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
No competition, old part vs. reconditioned part...
New solid steel roller vs. metal/plastic roller 50 years old. I can fix yours too.
That is what I do.

View attachment 1715799217

View attachment 1715799218

View attachment 1715799220

View attachment 1715799221

View attachment 1715799222

View attachment 1715799223

View attachment 1715799224

View attachment 1715799225

So you don't consider criticizing another members parts as competitive, actually somewhat unprofessional in my opinion. Maybe the OP doesn't want to pay referb prices and is looking for a used part, are you going to make up his mind for him! I wouldn't blame other members for not posting pictures of their parts for fear of criticism. I for one am not going to post my parts now.

Why are you not a "Vendor" instead of a "member"? You approach members with a hard sell.

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything. Why so personal? He said he is looking to replace a hinge. I told him what I thought before you posted anything. When you posted a picture I told him what needed to be done to it. I didn't say who to buy a part from. I am just a name on here like you and have no special powers.
I just happen to have a lot of experience with door hinges. Do you ?
I am on all 3 sites mostly on FEBO if you want to go over there.
I buy hinge cores. What do you have and how much do you want for them ?

I have a pair of doors from a 64 2 door with the hinges. Also I have 1 65 2 door with hinges
THANK YOU, I AM LOOKING FOR JUST HINGES.IF YOU WANT TO SELL JUST THE HINGES EMAIL ME A PRICE. Email address removed for your internet security. Send personal information through a personal message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have access to (2) parts cars. ('63 - '66) Have sold one set of hinges from these so far, three other sets are on them. Also have two full sets (8 hinges total) of '67 - '76 hinges.

100_6930.JPG

100_6932.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything. Why so personal? He said he is looking to replace a hinge. I told him what I thought before you posted anything. When you posted a picture I told him what needed to be done to it. I didn't say who to buy a part from. I am just a name on here like you and have no special powers.
I just happen to have a lot of experience with door hinges. Do you ?
I am on all 3 sites mostly on FEBO if you want to go over there.
I buy hinge cores. What do you have and how much do you want for them ?
Ebay.........

I have been on eBay since 1999. I scan for cores daily. I buy cores from everywhere I can. For a real price as they are just cores to me
Cores used to sell for $15. to $50. per set.
Since our cars have recently become " valuable" people think the cores are now some how "collectable" and want almost the same price for cores as I sell completely reconditioned hinges for.
Very few " cores" are acceptable to me as many are broken, modified, or heavily rust pitted.
Just like buying any other part for restoration. Better to start off with a straight, rust free part like a fender than a bent, rusty one and then have to spend many hours to make it straight again.
Which kind of part would you want for your car ?

Last edited:
well they have to wait for now as i have to fix the front suspension so when i need them i'll get a hold of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back