1965 dart cluster

-

Bigb9412

Reaction score
Hello all , I have a 65 dart 270. When I turn the lights on my blinkers make the dash go a little cockeyed . So when lights are off everything is fine . When I kick the lights and turn a blinker on the opposite side lights up on the dash and the Speedo light blinks at the same speed the blinker does . Any ideas?

Could be all sorts of things in the instrument cluster circuit board. I'd start by making sure there is a good ground for the cluster housing. If that doesn't do it, you'll probably have to pull the cluster and run an ohmmeter through all the circuits.

making sure there is a good ground
I agree. What you stated the lights are looking for a ground and piggy back by going thru a different circuit to find the ground. Not just the cluster Check all the bulbs, front and rear turn,brake,headlights ect. for good grounds.

And make sure you have the correct light bulbs in each socket, both in the dash and elsewhere. You put a single contact bulb in a dual contact socket, and sorts of strange things can happen.

And make sure you have the correct light bulbs in each socket, both in the dash and elsewhere. You put a single contact bulb in a dual contact socket, and sorts of strange things can happen.
any schematic or anything on whats supposed to be dual vs single?

-
Back