[WANTED] 1965 Dart front trim (Candy Cane)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

B Taylor

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need the passenger side front trim for a 65 Dart. The trim that goes from the bottom of the grill and circles the headlight. Shaped like a candy cane. I will take both sides if available, mine are rough or missing.

I have seen all the above, no thanks. I have a driver and a piece with a few blemishes will be fine if not I will keep driving it with no trim at all.

I have seen all the above, no thanks. I have a driver and a piece with a few blemishes will be fine if not I will keep driving it with no trim at all.

I just sent mine in to be straightened. A few companies that make/sell these want $450.00 plus for the set. The estimate, and I mean the estimate was $450.00 to straighten mine, and then I will have to remove the rest of the anodizing and then clear coat or pay to get them re-anodized. So, in the long run, a new set would be less $$$$. I asked the restoration company to send them back to me un-restored!! Gotta love these old Mopar Darts, or be a very well to do person to afford these restorations anymore. They get what they get because the equipment, I am sure, is extremely expensive to reproduce these parts. I don't know, but do reproduction companies have to pay a royalty or pay a license fee to ma mopar? Anybody heard of a reasonable company that does restoration or straightening on these old classic car trim parts? Seems to me a guy could stay real busy and make some cash.......if they had the skills. I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks. Just my thoughts on the matter. Old Dart 66

I just sent mine in to be straightened. A few companies that make/sell these want $450.00 plus for the set. The estimate, and I mean the estimate was $450.00 to straighten mine, and then I will have to remove the rest of the anodizing and then clear coat or pay to get them re-anodized. So, in the long run, a new set would be less $$$$. I asked the restoration company to send them back to me un-restored!! Gotta love these old Mopar Darts, or be a very well to do person to afford these restorations anymore. They get what they get because the equipment, I am sure, is extremely expensive to reproduce these parts. I don't know, but do reproduction companies have to pay a royalty or pay a license fee to ma mopar? Anybody heard of a reasonable company that does restoration or straightening on these old classic car trim parts? Seems to me a guy could stay real busy and make some cash.......if they had the skills. I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks. Just my thoughts on the matter. Old Dart 66

Unless your thinking value will change on these early A's, plenty of custom chrome aftermarket if done right will look presentable. Ive been doing it for years.

Unless your thinking value will change on these early A's, plenty of custom chrome aftermarket if done right will look presentable. Ive been doing it for years.

Where do you find after market chrome candy canes, and are they less in cost? Or are you describing having them straightened and then chromed? Sure would like to find a less expensive way to do this and still have it look nice/factory. Thanks for the help on this idea. I know that these candy canes are quite elusive.....tough to find in nice shape. Old Dart 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back