1965 dart gt spring question

-
Finally got some time to work on be car, got the spacers in and new shackles installed. After a through Shakedown and tightening the shackles up she's sitting right again. Now ive got to figure out what tires to throw on and I can button up the rear.

20240302_154714.jpg

20240302_154707.jpg

It how people with ss springs have done it for the last 50 years, I'd say it's fine. I've done all the math on it as far as the angles and force generated and there is nothing wrong with how it's done.

It how people with ss springs have done it for the last 50 years, I'd say it's fine. I've done all the math on it as far as the angles and force generated and there is nothing wrong with how it's done.
What, the spacers ?
I've been playing with these cars for awhile, and you are the first person I have ever seen do it.

Not trying to pile on here, but why not do it right ? Pretty simple stuff.

I've seen many threads in this forum and many people recommending this kind of spacer, specifically for ss springs. After digging into it I found out that it was a common thing for drag cars years ago to correct the angle of the shackle with ss springs. As far as doing it right, I don't see a difference in spacing the shackle mount and spacing the front mount, expect for the fact that spacing the shackle mount doesn't change the driveline angle, which is why I didn't space the front. I suppose I could have got new springs for the car, but there is no guarantee that I won't have the same problem with another lift spring.

-
Back