1965 Dodge Coronet-info seeking

-

jeeper

Reaction score
Hello,

I used to be an active member here pretty much from the start and then in a moment of stupidity traded my car off. Got kinda discouraged and sold off all the rest of my cars and parts. I have a shoebox of mopar parts......from 9 cars.....it's horrible getting back in when you already owned all of it, a pile of big blocks etc.

Anyways, my intention is to be back in the game. I bought a rusty 440 A body that I am still determining what to do with. Ideally I am going to get a donor body or parts. Not sure.

So........back to the subject. I am looking at various options for a winter builder car and I have come across a few B bodies. I know the 68-70 cars are pretty desirable. I kinda like the 66-67's. However I came across a 65. It is already a big block but needs help.

In terms of desirability how does the 65 rank? How is the parts availability for that year? Any known issues such as the rusty rear window with the 68-70's? Other concerns, stories etc?

Thank you, Rob

63-65's are really hot right now. You will still need body repair expertise or a parts car but I see places like Sherman makes some patch panels for 63 and 64 models. Pics? You may want to become a member over at For B Bodies Only. tmm

Hello,

I used to be an active member here pretty much from the start and then in a moment of stupidity traded my car off. Got kinda discouraged and sold off all the rest of my cars and parts. I have a shoebox of mopar parts......from 9 cars.....it's horrible getting back in when you already owned all of it, a pile of big blocks etc.

Anyways, my intention is to be back in the game. I bought a rusty 440 A body that I am still determining what to do with. Ideally I am going to get a donor body or parts. Not sure.

So........back to the subject. I am looking at various options for a winter builder car and I have come across a few B bodies. I know the 68-70 cars are pretty desirable. I kinda like the 66-67's. However I came across a 65. It is already a big block but needs help.

In terms of desirability how does the 65 rank? How is the parts availability for that year? Any known issues such as the rusty rear window with the 68-70's? Other concerns, stories etc?

Thank you, Rob

I have a rust free 65 Coronet (not for sale). What sort of help does the one you found need, got any pics? I see decent 63-65's for sale all the time.
Come on over to FBBO, you will get more advice and info there.

It seems to be a little rusty in the rear by the taillight. The cool thing is that it is complete and has a 383 they say, it could be a 361. Kinda ratty all over but complete. We are negotiating and I should know if it is even an option in the next day or two. The goal is a street / strip car and local cruiser. Patina is fine. Going to be stored outside for now anyways.

I have been cruising FBBO, but I don't want to join if this isn't going to go anywhere on my end. Finding a complete 2-door Mopar of any desirability is challenging around here. 4x4's all over, but not many Mopars.

How common are bumpers and used fenders etc? Are there a lot of one year only parts on this car? I was looking at a 70 for a long-term project and it obviously has more than a few one year only parts. Not entirely sure I want to get into that.

I would not say those parts are very common, however, but they are out there. DVAP is a pretty good source for parts, also for new repop stuff Classic Industries has them and I am sure there are others. Most of the 65 body is a one year only design with some 66 parts interchangeable.

-
Back