1965 dodge dart 4door

-

taylordart

1965 4door dart
Reaction score
Hi my fellow car enthusiast.. i have stumbled upon a problem need some advise.. i have a 1965 dodge dart 4 door orginal slant 6 225 and im at my last few steps of completing it. the problem im having is the car starts and runs but for some reason on my inside shifter it indicates its in drive but its really in neutral, and so is my reverse, and my neutral is reverse, and the only time its in drive is when its in drive 1.. Im thinking i have something wrong in the steering colmn? any advise?

sounds like the shifter bushings are wore out causing there to be play in the shifter rods leading from the column to the transmission

i dont have rods i just have two cables that i have to put small pins at the end after i put it in the steering colmn that runs from the trany.. is there maybe some way i would have to put it in the right gear before connecting the cables and pins maybe???

You need to adjust the cable down at the transmission. That'll take care of the problem. Untight the screw that's holding the adjustment plate and adjust the plate to correct level. Good luck

-
Back