1965 Dodge Dart Deck Lid torsion springs.

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would anyone have a pic of how the deck lid torsion springs go in on a 65 Dart 2dr HT? I took some pics while I disassembled, but I can not find the pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Enclosed are the pics of the deck lid torsion springs which I removed during disassembly. Sure do not look like what I found online for a 65 Dart, and they are way different. Funny, that the only cars I have had are 65 or 66 early a body mopars.....so where did these come from.....from my 65 project. How they go in, I do not know. Thanks. sgrip65

Deck Lid 65 Torsion Rod 002.JPG

Deck Lid 65 Torsion Rod 001.JPG

Last edited:
Would anyone have a pic of how the deck lid torsion springs go in on a 65 Dart 2dr HT? I took some pics while I disassembled, but I can not find the pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. sgrip65
Jerry! Hope these pictures will help you out.

20190320_221729.jpg

20190320_221738.jpg

20190320_221749.jpg

Jerry! That does not look like the factory ones. Where was your car assembled? I will shoot some pictures on how they look

Jerry! That does not look like the factory ones. Where was your car assembled? I will shoot some pictures on how they look

Hi Ulf. I kind of figured that I had a problem with these as the ones I took out do not match the pics I see on line. I know that this car was redone some time ago, so who knows what changes they made. Maybe I will be on the hunt for some OEM trunk torsion springs. Thanks Ulf for the help. Jerry

-
Back