1965 dodge--

-

jessebelle

Reaction score
good morning, i'm new to your forum, stumbled on it by error, but a good error so far. we just completed a 67 plymouth valiant, hot small block in a 24K mile car. now i'm hoping someone can help me. i have also a 65 dodge coronet 440 car, all done, supercharged 440, etc. beautiful car never been rusty, etc. now i have an idea i want to turn it into a gasser, that is, remove the "K" member and apply a straight axle. i can obtain a straight axle/springs/all the bones from a dodge a-100 pick up,and i'm sure i can correctly apply the springs/axle/tie rods, etc. but the steering box, drag link/pitman arm is another story. i cannot experiment on my car, as it is all detailed, completely done, by the way, it's a driver. i'm looking for info from anyone who has sucessfully done this task on a "B" body car, parts(where to get them) etc. the car now has power steering. i contacted mosher engineering in calif., spoke with their fabricator, great guy, he does all of their straight axle conversions, and altered wheel base cars, he does not have a kit available. any help for me? thanx guys. jessebelle

Welcome to the best site ever.We like pics.Try fbbo they are some good folks too,Some of us have B bodies too.

Welcome to FABO.Personally I would find a 65-66 Dart/Valiant to do your gasser.Why turn a clean car into a Gasser?Lot,s of little A-body,s to be had cheap.JMO

-
Back