1965 Heater Core in 63-64 A-Bodies?

-

TNT440_Cbody

Reaction score
I notice when searching Rock Auto that '65 Dart has a heater core that shows up but '64 does not. Will the '65 heater core work in '63-64 A-bodies too?

These two show up on Rock Auto:
SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # 94503

VISTA-PRO Part # 399104 {#9104}
W/ AC; W/O AC

Thanks!

I think 65 was the was the first year for factory AC on the A Bodies so that might have something to do with the difference (if there really is one) in the heater cores.

I have the one out of my 65 I could measure for you to compare to yours. Let me know.

I could check this weekend if need be. I have a heater box from a 65 Cuda and a 64 Cuda. PM me if you still need to know

I think 65 was the was the first year for factory AC on the A Bodies so that might have something to do with the difference (if there really is one) in the heater cores.

My '64 has A/C but I guess it is factory installed, then?

I haven't taken mine apart yet, partially due to having the A/C unit below the dash. Since I want to replace the windshield, possibly remove the entire dash, swap to a 4-speed and fix the heater core, I figured I'd take it all apart at the same time. 8)

My '64 had the underdash AC too. I think these were only available as a dealer installed item. '65 was the first year that AC was available integrated into the heater box with the in-dash controls in an A Body.

The 64 and 65 Cuda heater boxes I have have the same core and the only difference I see is a third blend door.

64 and down are dealer installed under dash A/C units. 65 and up are both dealer or factory installed units.

The 64 and 65 Cuda heater boxes I have have the same core and the only difference I see is a third blend door.

Awesome, thanks for checking. I'll pick up a '65 heater core and let everyone know how it fits.

And, yeah... whoops on my A/C comment. I meant so say that mine was dealer installed. Brain fart!

I notice when searching Rock Auto that '65 Dart has a heater core that shows up but '64 does not. Will the '65 heater core work in '63-64 A-bodies too?

These two show up on Rock Auto:
SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # 94503

VISTA-PRO Part # 399104 {#9104}
W/ AC; W/O AC

Thanks!

I have a perfect 64 core if you'r interested.....shoot me a pm 8)

Rickster

Just an update to this. I purchased the core for the 65 Dart and with a small amount of modification to the copper tubes leading out to the firewall, it is a good fit. They just needed the bends straightened out a bit in order to pass through the heater box w/o cracking it.

Let there be warmth! :thumleft:

-
Back