1965 heater delete panel??????

-

Reaction score
Any one ever seen a 65 Dart with the heater delete option? I see in some Dodge literature I have that it was an option to delete the heater. I have never seen one with this option. Curious as to what the dash looked like. That and I just took the heater box out of my car, and would not mind removing the controls to.

With no water line running inside the car it is safer, seems there was some heater deleted options back in the day

Yea,
I removed it all to save weight. And wow dose it make it easy to work behind the dash!

I have an original "1965 Dart Models & Prices" tri fold dealer sales man price guide. It lists "Heater-Delete" and says it knocked $70.80 off of the car price. But no pic. I am sure they must have had some nifty block off panel for the dash. I sure would like to find one of them for my car.

I have a radio delete panel for my 66 GT and was thinking of tossing the heater box also. Would love to see some pics also.

Sure lots of early A's had "heater delete". Check on e-Bay for the proper panel.

Looked on Ebay first thing. No joy. None to be found there

None today but they surface from time to time. I have a couple radio delete panels for my 66 Dart. Be patient my young apprentice! lol

None today but they surface from time to time. I have a couple radio delete panels for my 66 Dart. Be patient my young apprentice! lol

Yea thats funny! LOL
I was not in any big hurry. Just want to see what one looks like! Have no clue. I am guessing something like a radio delete.

Here ya go:

http://home.earthlink.net/~clifcuda65/index.html

COMANDO.jpg

Any chance you have a pic of the delete on the dash? That is the one I am looking for. The panel that would cover up were the controls went.

The plate is nothing more that flat metal with a slight radius on the edges. It bolts in like the radio delete plate.

This one was out of a Dart. In a junkyard I have seen chrome buttons that snap into each heater control opening. I was never able to find a complete set of them so I went with the plate.

Heater Delete cars came with a right side air box/door that mirrors the drivers side.

I converted a drivers side to work on the passenger side. If anyone is interested I can post some photos.

DSCF4971.jpg

hmmm, i was going to keep my heater but that dash looks real nice all smooth.

i am almost tempted to weld them up while the dash is out. and not even use my radio delete panel

hmmm, i was going to keep my heater but that dash looks real nice all smooth.

I would give that serious thought first. Having the heater delete is cool and people think it is neat but when you are driving around and it is 45 degrees, it aint so much fun.

I actually think when I restore the Valiant, I am going to add heat and a/c. Havent decided yet.

Thanks to every one for the pic! I need to find one of those panels. I may just make my own now that I see it is just a flat piece. But it would be kinda hard to work out the studs on the back.

I would give that serious thought first. Having the heater delete is cool and people think it is neat but when you are driving around and it is 45 degrees, it aint so much fun.

I actually think when I restore the Valiant, I am going to add heat and a/c. Havent decided yet.

If your car was a 65 Dart I would trade you two sets of heater controls for your panel! LOL

Once it gets down to 45 my car is sound asleep in the garage for the winter! Or tore to pieces like it is now!

yeah, the heater is nice i dont drive my car once it gets salty here but it would be nive to drive it into november. plus if i ever sold it the next owner might want heat...Lol

Might want to contact GCARTRIM don't know about the early a's but he can make radio & heater delete plates for 67-69, and for a good amount less then the ones that are on the market.

Storing cars for winter? What is that? LOL

Have I mentioned how much I love Georgia?

Thanks for the dimensions!

I spent some of the best years of my life in Savanna, GA. Lived out on Wilmington Island in the early 80's. What a wonderful place to spend a childhood. Wife lived in Cartersville, GA. Wife and I hope to move back down there some day!

-
Back