-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacuda

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda that I would like to sell. It is a very solid car. It is a 2 bbl 273 and has a 4 speed. I need to look further because it was, I believe, a 3 on the tree that has been changed out.(may have been auto, what is the tranny code for auto and 3 spd?) There is some rust, but it is very limited and not bad. There is some rust in the spare tire well on on side, some on the right quarter, outer skin only! That is about it other than rust on scratches, etc. There is not even rust around the battery area.
All glass is good, the interior is solid restorable. I am searching for a few interior pieces to complete it. It has new 13 inch tires and the 13" mag wheel covers.
Starts up easy, runs out great, brakes are good, no leaks to speak of.

I am working on another project and would like to sell this one only to have the funds to finish it, otherwise I would not get rid of it. I am in no hurry to sell, but don't let that stop you from being in a hurry to buy it.

I can help with deliver for $5 an hour and gas money up yo about 300 miles from Birmingham, Alabama.

I am asking $4500 as is.
I will throw in the headliner I just bought on ebag ($95 + s/h)

I have a d4b that I will sell with it for $150

To see photos, go to members photo gallery, look for 1965 barracuda for sale created 10/12/09

DSC01599a.jpg

DSC01600a.jpg

DSC01601a.jpg

DSC01602a.jpg

DSC01604a.jpg

DSC01603a.jpg

DSC01605a.jpg

DSC01608a.jpg

DSC01609a.jpg

DSC01611a.jpg

Just rt click on the pic/edit/image/stretch skew down to 80% and save as then you can upload the resized pic
I did that, but my pictures, that I shot at VGA level, it said were too large of a file. I guess I'll play with it and see how to reduce the files.

I am interested in a 65 Barracuda, but am away from home for an extended period. I think your price is too high for me though.
Rob

Rob, What would be a fair price? I have just put an extra $43.00 in a set of front bumper brackets so I can reinstall the front bumper (they are in the mail right now.) Where are you located? How long will you be away?(military?) I am in no hurry and willing to work with you. David

It has bidders, but is labeled for sale locally, so i can still end the auction should anyone on here decide. David

Hi David, Your going to have to come down quite a bit for it to sell. You can get a near mint one for about $6500.

If you are not willing to let it go for somewhere in the $2K's than just hold onto her.

yeah, seems like a bunch of them are suddenly on the market. I am going to keep on restoring and repairing the little things on this car. maybe I'll get lucky! Thanks for shootin' straight, I hate it but you guys are probably right!

yeah, seems like a bunch of them are suddenly on the market. I am going to keep on restoring and repairing the little things on this car. maybe I'll get lucky! Thanks for shootin' straight, I hate it but you guys are probably right!

Sorry man, Its just not a sellers market. I have never seen these barracuda's fetch to much money. The best selling part your car has is that it is a 4 spd. But I would hold off on saying that it is a solid car. needs a bit of rust repair.

I have begun restoring the interior. New dash cap and dyed door panels are now in. Headliner will go in tomorrow, when the sun hits the roof to make it warm and stretchable. dash will get some attention, radio delete, and some paint. All that red looks great. This weekend, I will clean and detail the engine bay. I have a body man who will get it next week and do proper rust repair and get it ready for paint. I have about decided that my 8 3/4 3:55 suregrip will find its way under there. I have new red front seat upholstery and foam (thanks Rick@Layson's) I will then put some kick but black paint on in my garage, and finish it off with a red "formula s" stripe. Some centerlines and tires... When all that gets done, I bet there will be more interest.

By the way, I discovered that the car was a 3 on the tree car converted to a 4 speed, done so well that I didn't notice it until I had it up on tall jack stands. It also has a really cool Spicer slip joint in the drive shaft.

Sorry man, Its just not a sellers market. I have never seen these barracuda's fetch to much money. The best selling part your car has is that it is a 4 spd. But I would hold off on saying that it is a solid car. needs a bit of rust repair.

But I would hold off on saying that it is a solid car. needs a bit of rust repair

I think most opinions of what makes a solid car are about the presence of rust in critical areas such as frame rail areas, under windshield gaskets, absence of quarters, in rockers, etc.

The rust here is only in the outer skin and doesn't even involve the seams or welds or some light perforations in the spare tire well. These rust areas do not affect the structural integrity so I feel okay with saying solid. I did point out the rust along with my opinion of being solid in my ad. Go up north and solid is different. I bought a valiant from a guy in North Florida who said it was solid (but didn't tell me the car was from Wisconsin) and the upper control arms were so rusted they broke unloading the car. Undercoating was covering up the totally rusted out floor pans, when the car slammed down on the broken UCA's the driver seat almost went to the ground through the "solid" floorboards. Car did run well. And after some rigging, I could move it around enough to part it out.

This car IS in my opinion S-O-L-I-D!, just wish it was S-O-L-D!!!!

ps I ain't hacking on your opinion just ranting because the market sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back