1965 Valiant 100 Sedan

-

Jeannine

65 Valiant Wagon & Sedan
Reaction score
It's a Boy!
Val-george.jpg

It was "grandpas" car in Colorado; the owner got a bit teared up as he showed me the patina on the roof where grandpa put his hands to get into the car.
Been sitting in a barn in Michigan since 1996 - doesn't start - dead battery - no breaks - rotted/ripped vinyl seats...but only 78,091 original miles!

w-STP62394.jpg

My original intention was to use it for parts...but its just so darn cute - hope I can get him running!

Welcome to The Family!
w-STP62392.jpg

The two cars together make a nice pair in your driveway. I bet the new little guy will be happy to be driving again. I "adopted" my '65 almost 3 years ago, he's given me 15k miles and never let me down even once.

Your pictures show a sweet ride and an easy fix-upper. Be proud of the story behind the patina!

I like these Valiants.

That is a nice car and the story to it makes it even better! Stick with the Valiants. They are rare to see these days. Good luck with them.

10 years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to part it out but if the floor pans are solid then I would definitely save it and bring it back to life.

I'd really like to have your wagon.

Got to love the par together=P~=P~ and glad it's in your hands jeannine:happy10:
Welcome to this great site if I missed you in the welcome wagon
You have a very cool pair of early A bodies going for you 8)8)
I drive mine all the time she is a girl :happy10: She is my daily driver and people love seeing here on the road
Keep the Plymouth name going :cheers:

Thanks!!! The last photo cracks me up - two Valiants parked in the driveway of a 1960's tri-level house...its hard to see but the front siding has faded to a turquoise color too!

The Sedan seems solid - not much rust, but lots of old wasp nests. The original spare tire is in the trunk too, I love the baby blue rims - the instruction label on how to use the jack is still on the trunk.

The seats are trashed, oddly enough worn in the same places in the wagon, just not as bad. Headliner is great, interior panels are perfect, windshield is cracked :( and cardboard visors don't hold up well!!!

Oh the wagon was my daily driver a few years ago, I love to see peoples reaction. People seem to have at one time or another had or driven in a Valiant. A few people I have talked to said it was the car they learned to drive in.

-
Back