1966 273 Camshaft

-

jh66cuda

Reaction score
Has anyone used a hyd 23203 Mellings camshaft in a 66 273 block?

Cam tech has advanced a lot in the last 40+ years

I purchased this 273 and they are telling me that it has a Hyd cam..I pulled the rocker covers and it has adjustable rockers?? is that possible?

I purchased this 273 and they are telling me that it has a Hyd cam..I pulled the rocker covers and it has adjustable rockers?? is that possible?

Yeah. The adjustable rockers can be bolted to either (popular upgrade, hell I have roller rockers in my hyd roller cam setup). If you want to be sure which cam you have, pull a lifter and see if its a solid or hyd lifter. If you're not sure post up a picture, we'll tell you which cam solid or hyd.

There Hydraulic lifters iwth adjustable rockers..How do you set them up?

Do what "65val" said. You have a good setup that allows a nice preload on hyd lifters.

If your starting from scratch, maybe this will help with the adjustment sequence...........

Attachments

• 1143.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 225
273 switched to hydraulic in 67-69 also switch to open Chambers heads and cast crank at the same time. Should be solid if its stock cam.

273 switched to hydraulic in 67-69 also switch to open Chambers heads and cast crank at the same time. Should be solid if its stock cam.

not a stock cam.i purchaed the car with a tonn of reciepts..It has a melling 23023 hyd cam

JH 66 CUDA,

That is a good little Camshaft.

Good for Low-RPM Torque and Mid-Range (1800-4500 RPM) Performance.

We used that Hydraulic Unit for Marine Applications in our '318' Engines.

This camshaft was usually found in "Small Block Mopar Mid-Performance Engine Rebuild Kit Packages".

What type of Valve Springs are utilized.

JH 66 CUDA,

That is a good little Camshaft.

Good for Low-RPM Torque and Mid-Range (1800-4500 RPM) Performance.

We used that Hydraulic Unit for Marine Applications in our '318' Engines.

This camshaft was usually found in "Small Block Mopar Mid-Performance Engine Rebuild Kit Packages".

What type of Valve Springs are utilized.

Reall can't say,,

-
Back