[FOR SALE] 1966 440 and 727 combo (not mine, craigslist)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tone

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Not mine, but I keep seeing this show up locally on craigslist. Might be a good buy for someone looking for an early 440! From the post:
Bought this for a project Charger and just sold the Charger to a guy in Germany.
Heard it run - sounds mean and runs great.
Not too sure what's inside but you are more that welcome to check it all out.
I know that it was taken .040 over a few years back.
Very difficult to find a 66 440 since it was the first year and most of them were in the 67 models.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/4006339441.html

Here's my take. I have seen it on CL here too. One pick the carb is off and the other it is laying sideways. I don't care what it was pulled from...whatever it was wasn't moving. That makes it a rebuild core as far as I am concerned. Nice that it appears complete. Make it run and load it and I'd give 1200. What do you think?

Might be right, I didn't look too closely at the photos, I didn't catch the carb being off - does make you wonder a bit.

I have one of those very difficult to find 1966 440. Stock bore and 516 heads. I had no idea it was so valuable! Lol.

Carb may have been removed to mount the lifting plate for removal. Still high though.

I thought the 440 came out in 67. What did they put it in in 66?

66 was actually the first year but it was not really an HP engine until 67 when they used the closed chamber 915 heads ...that plus 67 was the first year for the GTX and R/T which pretty much put these engines on the map.

the 66 440 was also overshadowed by the HEMI which made a debut as a readily available street engine in 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back