1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
I don't think you went too far overboard on the snake oil metaphor. That stuff is a pretty Por product that I decided years ago to never use again. See what I did there? LOL

Congrats on retirement! My day comes on the 30th of this month. That's the day I go in and throw down the keys, ID badge, Co. credit card and iPhone. I hope nobody is standing in the door on my way out. If so, they will get a downfield block from a 65 year old that is happy to be escaping!

I look forward to watching your "Funny Trucks" (as my buddy calls them) come together.

:thumbsup:

I don't think you went too far overboard on the snake oil metaphor. That stuff is a pretty Por product that I decided years ago to never use again. See what I did there? LOL

Congrats on retirement! My day comes on the 30th of this month. That's the day I go in and throw down the keys, ID badge, Co. credit card and iPhone. I hope nobody is standing in the door on my way out. If so, they will get a downfield block from a 65 year old that is happy to be escaping!

I look forward to watching your "Funny Trucks" (as my buddy calls them) come together.

It is awesome

All is great you got some work ahead for sure and everyone likes to see progress A100s are cool looking nothing like it today

I've seen at least 3 of those trucks get pulled apart to redo, and they are notorious rust buckets. The truck you are working on in the video is better than any of the other 3 I have seen. You sounded a little discouraged with it due to the rust you found, but it really isn't as bad as most of them. If I remember correctly, someone actually makes pretty decent patch panels for them. Floors, doors and beds had patches available when my buddy built his Funny Truck. He built a low deck 470 and put it in 6 or 8 inches rearward. He extended the doghouse thru the rear panel of the cab and built a new transmission crossmember. It got the Funny Truck name after the 1st pass at the dragstrip. It picked the front wheels up about 18" and carried them about 40 feet! LOL. Hang in there, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

I've seen at least 3 of those trucks get pulled apart to redo, and they are notorious rust buckets. The truck you are working on in the video is better than any of the other 3 I have seen. You sounded a little discouraged with it due to the rust you found, but it really isn't as bad as most of them. If I remember correctly, someone actually makes pretty decent patch panels for them. Floors, doors and beds had patches available when my buddy built his Funny Truck. He built a low deck 470 and put it in 6 or 8 inches rearward. He extended the doghouse thru the rear panel of the cab and built a new transmission crossmember. It got the Funny Truck name after the 1st pass at the dragstrip. It picked the front wheels up about 18" and carried them about 40 feet! LOL. Hang in there, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Actually it is because I have Covid damn it... Feel like crap. For an Az vehicle this is bad.. the other one is much better.

Yeah...I was thinking, for an AZ truck, it has more rust than I would expect. But like you said, it is probably because of the home brewed spray foam deal holding moisture.

Hopefully the 'Rona' will subside soon and you won't have any lasting effects. Sucks getting it this far along into it, I'm sure!

You have two, just make one.
My dad told me when I was young around 18, if you have to have a parts car to keep your car running, you don't have much.
This comming from a guy that only had new cars, I got hand-me down car that was 2 years older than me, when I got my license.

Pick the best parts, and make one, nothing wrong with switching panels.

I wonder if that was an old telephone company truck? It has that phone company green paint peeking out from under the foam in a few places...lol.

I wonder if that was an old telephone company truck? It has that phone company green paint peeking out from under the foam in a few places...lol.

It was a forest green truck originally. When I get the title I’ll see if Sally will tell me the history she found in the search.

Little more grinding and a little more welding on the corner of the A100 truck... and found another soft spot that needs a patch... New metal is so nice....

IMG_3795.jpeg

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

IMG_3801.jpeg

I really appreciate your talent and ambition. Looking forward for this build.

I would say quality workmanship and done right Sure not like previous owners cover up with undercoating. And will be a nice rig when done Im sure

First thing that hit me after seeing your video was can I make a rag top like the Dodge Dakota truck did there's. Good luck and thank you for sharing, subscribed to your YouTube

Congratulations :thumbsup: body block from a 65 year old ! Love it :lol:

Finally Covid has let up enough to feel like working on the A100.... Ready to make the brackets to hold the top of the interior panels then I can get the roof back on... Drip rails down all repaired/restored/replaced... All hand formed with a few pieces of angle iron and a hammer and dolly..

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3830.jpeg

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

-
Back