1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
I have owned this '68 for about Twenty years. Lots of fun Too !

07212013024945.jpg

Now it time to get busy. Warning. Make sure the pinch bolts on the T bars are tight or when you are at 90 degrees the body and slide down the bar and land on the bottom tie bar and bolts creating new metal work to fix. Also trying to get the T’s slid back up the cross bar with the vehicle on its side is precarious.

IMG_5052.jpeg

IMG_5051.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5053.jpeg

IMG_5058.jpeg

IMG_5057.jpeg

IMG_5056.jpeg

Wimping out... have a guy coming Wednesday to blast the bottom and bed bottom along with doghouse, axles, tailgate and anything else I can fit into 5 hours. Splitting the travel time with a guy down the road who is giving him the rest of the 8 hours for the day. I am sick of blasting at the rate I am able with my equipment.

Amen. I love sandblasting small **** in my DIY cabinet and painting them. Biggest I did was 8 3/4 housing and sb kframe, that wasn't fun. Made a redneck shower stall to blast them in, pain in the arse. Sorry for the sidetrack....pick your battles.
Looks great, super jealous!
sometimes it's just better to pay someone instead of getting burned out. or in my case, actually getting something done.

Amen. I love sandblasting small **** in my DIY cabinet and painting them. Biggest I did was 8 3/4 housing and sb kframe, that wasn't fun. Made a redneck shower stall to blast them in, pain in the arse. Sorry for the sidetrack....pick your battles.
Looks great, super jealous!

I have done 4 axles and subframes in 6 years.. I am done.

Coming along great, Jim! Really jealous of your gift with metal.

No way my little home setup could do this good of a job on that black rust. Tomorrow he will finish up many smaller parts, doghouse, axles, springs etc.

IMG_5083.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

71147478992__1E5F36E6-444C-458D-8BDD-38E5E31529B9.jpeg

IMG_5087.jpeg

IMG_5088.jpeg

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5094.jpeg

Well crap…. Now my work begins. Best $1500 I have ever spent. The rust is dead inside and out. My enthusiasm for the project is at an all time high!

IMG_5100.jpeg

IMG_5101.jpeg

IMG_5102.jpeg

IMG_5103.jpeg

IMG_5104.jpeg

IMG_5107.jpeg

IMG_5108.jpeg

IMG_5109.jpeg

IMG_5110.jpeg

And I’m spent. And out of Epoxy. This thing has a LOT of surface area. Used 2 gallons of SPI red oxide epoxy already.

IMG_5112.jpeg

IMG_5113.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

$1,500 well spent! Just think how long that would've taken you. My hardheaded *** would've spent weeks doing what he did in a couple days. Great progress.

$1,500 well spent! Just think how long that would've taken you. My hardheaded *** would've spent weeks doing what he did in a couple days. Great progress.

I’ve never seen it done professionally before. There is no way I could’ve got it that good. There is not a speck of black rust left in any pit. I’ll never do it myself again there’s just no reason. I just couldn’t get anybody to commit to come out in a reasonable amount of time or even answer my calls now I’ve got a guy I even gave him a couple hundred bucks extra just so the next time I call him he’ll come right up.

Jim, you should have called him sooner. Maybe you wouldn’t have had to scrape all that foam insulation off the inside of the cab!

Jim, you should have called him sooner. Maybe you wouldn’t have had to scrape all that foam insulation off the inside of the cab!

I didn’t know he existed. I’ve tried a couple times in the past and I’ve had zero luck either. They never call me back too expensive or six month wait. This was just a happen stance conversation with a friend that uses him for his business from the time that I called him to the time he was blasting was 48 hours. Now I have my contact.

-
Back