1966 Barracuda auxiliary vent window weatherstrip install

-

blue66cuda

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the auxiliary vent window weatherstrip placement either from an original car or if you've replaced yours? I can't find any pics or descriptions anywhere and my car was missing the weatherstrip when I bought it. Also, there are these holes at the curve of the door that the weatherstrip goes over. It looks like something is missing besides the strip. Any clues about what that might be?

Also does anyone know the procedure for replacing the vertical window channel weatherstrip on the front vent window and on the door latch side as well.

any pics or descriptions would be very helpful.

thanks

Attachments

• 66 wstrip .jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 66 wstrip holes.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 255
  • 66 Channel front.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 66 Channel 1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 66 Channel 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 243
Just to clarify, I'm trying to find out where to place the weatherstrip on the chrome vent window edge so that it will seal properly with the roof rail weatherstrip so that I can minimize the wind noise and water leakage etc.. if that makes any sense?

Good Luck! Those are leaker/whistlers from the start. That foam rubber weatherstrip is just glued into place. I think only one hole lines up with a screw head. The rest of the heads are just covered over. Those big rectangle holes don't get covered completely. On the ones I have, the weatherstrip runs along the inner edge of the holes. It still leaves a gap of 1/8" or so on the outside of the hole.

Yeah I figure it's not gonna be perfect, nothing is on these cars. Just want to get it as good as it gets. :)
thanks

It's been a few years since I took mine out but it looks like the rubber has holes to clear the screw heads. Anyone know where to get new weatherstrip for that vent window frame? Mine are really dried out and just plain shot.

Attachments

• vent seal 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 213
  • vent seal 2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 218
I honestly can't remember where I got mine but you can definitely get them at metro along with a ton of other great weatherstripping for A Bodies. I guess the wholes don't really line up.
http://metrommp.com/

-
Back