1966 Barracuda Formula S #2

-

Capt46

Reaction score
Being Delivered tonight, 1966 Barracuda Formula S #2
Different from the first being an automatic with factory A/C I will dig for the build sheet first.
Stay tuned for the update and pictures fingers crossed.

Looks awesome! Best of luck. Been working on my '66 a bit lately...

image.jpg

Thanks # 2 blue car being delivered tonight. My citron gold is making progress,
Nice paint on yours.

We are all like children on Christmas morning when we get another car. I can feel how excited you are. Congrats!

Worked on her all day found that the distributor was changed to a single point, the coil was wired in opposite the points were not set. I removed the valve covers and all looks good. There is no carb as of yet but I did spray some starting fluid through a rag that I stuffed into the intake cranked it over a it started for a split second then the rag was blown out of the manifold on fire lol I did expect that. Need to replace the 2 front floor pans everything else is very solid. Cleaned all day the good is it came will the AC carpet complete deluxe kit, brand new headliner, and complete upholstery by legendary.

Pretty darn good find for the east coast!!!...good thing you kept those headlight bezels, looks like your going to need them!

Thanks again TAdams, yeah went through all the checks, first was missing the carburetor so I bought an edelbrock, 2 the coil had the power wires and ground reverse, distributor was changed to single points and they were not set. Got it going thought it wouldn't start at first with a misfire but the plug wires were wrong on two plugs. It has a little shake to it thinking dirty valves after sitting for over 20 years......

I need to remember I retired and get to work on mine. My part time job has turned in to 4 or 5 days a week. Then I have yard work at my house and my daughter's which takes my Saturday.

-
Back