-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdonovan

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Just obtained a 1966 Barracuda Formula S with a 273 HP with 4 speed transmission! This car looks to be 100% original aside from a missing master cylinder, hubcaps and waterpump that was replaced at one time.

The original owner parked it next to the garage one day and it has sat there since 1977. Car has 273 4-bbl motor, Tach, manual brakes and manual steering. Lower quarter on drivers side looks shot, headliner is hanging and carpet is full of acorns. Car has low miles, under 40k if my memory serves me correct. The original muffler with chrome tip is just lying on the ground!

Keeping the four speed for sure and *perhaps* the 273 for a future project. The Inland shifter will go with car, I have a pistol grip for the dart.

All exterior parts for car are for sale, car not for sale as rolling chassis. IMHO car is not salvagable as the frame rails are totally gone.

I will refer to PM's I have already been sent from former posting now locked in old parts for sale section. Car is located in Oakdale CT.

Gary

Sold parts to board members-

Draglink, motor mounts and shifter hump and throttle linkage are SOLD!
Front bumper lens, passenger Formula S badge and trunk lock cover are SOLD!
Ignition lock, door locks and trunk lock with keys are SOLD!

DSCN3426.jpg

DSCN3427.jpg

DSCN3428.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

Just obtained a 1966 Barracuda Formula S with a 273 HP with 4 speed transmission! This car looks to be 100% original aside from a missing master cylinder, hubcaps and waterpump that was replaced at one time.

The original owner parked it next to the garage one day and it has sat there since 1977. Car has 273 4-bbl motor, Tach, manual brakes and manual steering. Lower quarter on drivers side looks shot, headliner is hanging and carpet is full of acorns. Car has low miles, under 40k if my memory serves me correct. The original muffler with chrome tip is just lying on the ground!

Keeping the four speed for sure and *perhaps* the 273 for a future project. The Inland shifter will go with car, I have a pistol grip for the dart.

All interior parts for car are for sale, car not for sale as rolling chassis. IMHO car is not salvagable as the frame rails are totally gone.

I will refer to PM's I have already been sent from former posting now locked in old parts for sale section.

Gary

DSCN3431.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

That,s a shame,low mileage car gone into the ground.Don,t forget to scoop the sought after V8 centelink(draglink)also the throttle assembly(gas peddle and brackets).

For those who were wondering, the car does have a 7.25 rear.

I'll be sorting through the PM's in the next day or two, people who contacted me first have first shot on parts they were inquiring about.

Gary

Did some work on the car tonight- Sprayed oil in the cylinders, hooked up a battery (radio, wipers, brake lamps, blinkers and blower motor all work!) lubed up the Ingram shifter (works perfect and tight!)

Front door panels are very nice, rears someone screwed speakers into =(

Dash pad has a number of very fine cracks in it from being in the sun for 33 years, almost can't see them.

Car has 38,147 miles on it, sold in Akron Ohio.

Fenders and tops of fenderwells are shot, trunklid is shot. Doors might be salvagable and front radiator support. Still have to look at floorpan, trunk has a thousand acorns in it.

DSCN3473.jpg

DSCN3474.jpg

DSCN3475.jpg

DSCN3476.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

DSCN3478.jpg

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3480.jpg

DSCN3481.jpg

DSCN3482.jpg

More pictures, let me know if you need any more.

I want to get the car running so I can see if the tach works or not. Worse case I'll hook up a signal generator to the negitive side of the coil to run it.

DSCN3483.jpg

DSCN3484.jpg

DSCN3486.jpg

DSCN3487.jpg

DSCN3488.jpg

DSCN3489.jpg

OK! finally caught up on PM's this morning! Here is an update-

Pictures of front fenders sent.

There is interest in glovebox lock and radio, picture sent.

Lots of interest in dash cluster hope to test today or tomorrow (have to do taxes first darn it)

The current plan is to pull the motor and trans out and store the car over a friends house where I can pull parts as time permits. I don't want to rush and get rid of the car if it still has something useful to someone and I have my own projects to spend time on ;-)

The draglink, k-frame, pedal linkage, dash, seats, front suspention, floor hump, clutch pedals, radiator, torsion bars and doors will al be saved. The rest I'm not sure about and will have time over the summer to give it some thought. I'd like to save as much as possible, parts are hard to find but have limited storage, unless till the new garage goes up in a few months assuming the town doesn't screw things up.

Gary

P.S. I don't think I have a use for the bellhousing, flywheel or intake/carb off the 273 4-bbl so it will be for sale if you are looking.

Front bumper lens, passenger Formula S badge and trunk lock cover are spoken are sold and in route.

Ignition switch, door locks and trunk lock...looks like you have the keys...let me know..

Dave

Ignition lock, door locks and trunk lock with keys are sold.

Draglink, motor mounts and shifter hump and throttle linkage are SOLD.

Will update first post as long as possible with items that are sold.

Don't confuse "deal pending" posts with items marked "SOLD" it isn't sold till the money is in hand...

Steering box and other Formula S badge deal pending..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back