[WANTED] 1966 barracuda formula s

-
The seller doesn't actually say that it's a Formula S. It has the fender emblems, but, some other features are suspect.....along with some items that are not stock and have been changed, such as the intake, carb, and radiator. No photo of the tach or front sway bar. I guess you could get a column shift FS, but, none of the 7 I've owned were column shift. It doesn't have the correct trunk divider panel for a FS. You'd think that they would have at least replaced the broken E-brake handle! A photo of the fender tag would help authenticate it being a FS.

But it does have the fancy steering wheel...LOL. Everything you say is true. The Op and I had some P.M.s regarding finding one. The fender tag would be nice to see. I have an F7 67 Formula S with a split bench, factory air and a column shift. You never know what each customer and salesman decided on what options each car would have until you see them all. My avatar car is a non-formula s that was built on or around December 31st of 1964. It has the antisway bar, factory tachometer, heavy duty suspension and all the other formula S options except the badging...LOL you just never know...each car is a case by case. That's one of the best things about this site though Mark. the information and knowledge people like you have from owning so many and working on them down to every nook and cranny. I never even thought about the divider when I first looked at this car for the O.P. The 66 S car I have has the no floor boards left and rusted out rear quarters options. Piece by piece my friend!

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen '67's with a bench and column shift, just haven't seen one in a '66 FS. It may be due to the '67 being a BH (high) price line, and a '66 being a BP (premium) line. In '66 Bucket seats were standard. As you mentioned, there were all sorts of combinations that could be special ordered though. My early '66 is not a FS, but, like yours, has all the FS gear. Weird, it's like they ordered all the options separately and not the package. It's also a heater delete car too.

Yes, I've seen '67's with a bench and column shift, just haven't seen one in a '66 FS. It may be due to the '67 being a BH (high) price line, and a '66 being a BP (premium) line. In '66 Bucket seats were standard. As you mentioned, there were all sorts of combinations that could be special ordered though. My early '66 is not a FS, but, like yours, has all the FS gear. Weird, it's like they ordered all the options separately and not the package. It's also a heater delete car too.
My 65 is a performance package car so it is a fender tag 5 performance package car rather than a fender tag 2 formula s car. Then the customer opted for the tach option. Do you know if know if the performance package option left in 66 in favor of formula s only? I often wondered about that but really don't know.

In '66, you could get a suspension package, but, I don't think there was a performance package as such, other than the Formula S package.

Would that make a designation on the fender tag a 5 in 66 like it was in 65 where the 2 would be for an s car? (I don't remember which letter it was under. Maybe the capital C)

In '66, the package codes were under the E and F. The E packages I'm most familiar with are the emission packages (such as the C.A.P.) I suspect that the suspension package would be an 8 under the F letter. 7 under the F is the Formula S package.

In '66, the package codes were under the E and F. The E packages I'm most familiar with are the emission packages (such as the C.A.P.) I suspect that the suspension package would be an 8 under the F letter. 7 under the F is the Formula S package.
Thanks Mark. I haven't dug into the 66 yet it's in my barn waiting to see daylight again.

-
Back