-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dschem

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1966 Barracuda and I am looking for a set of the nuts that are spot welded ( attached ) to the inner fenders that attach the top of the front splash panel to the inner fender well. They are square nuts that accept a fender bolt from under the inner fender well. When I got my car someone had removed them so I am looking for a set of 4 of them. I already have the bolts for them so I just need the square nuts.

Dave

I pulled the ones off a 65 Valiant I parted out for my 65 Dart wagon and they're actually held in place by a spring-loaded clip. I might have an extra one if that will help you.

I lost a couple during my restoration too. Found they sell new ones at my local Ace hardware, in those little plastic drawers above the regular nuts and bolts. They do have a name but I can't recall what it is. Hope this helps.

They're called caged or captive nuts. If you can't find them new, I can probably come up with some original used ones.
Thanks, Mark

Hey,

Thanks for the help. I believe I will make my way to the hardware store today to find them.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back