1966 barracuda rear window regulator & door Assem?

-

Anthony Beauchamp

Reaction score
My left rear quarter glass widow regulator is completely rusted at the Top where the single bolt that hold the glass(assume it’s a single bolt) it rolls down maybe a inch before it feels rusty. The window is currently up I have everything off I’m at it but is it worth opening the can of worms? I don’t want to break the glass to get the window regulator out? Can I get one, of the glass or regulator? I removed my door cards to replace them. I dropped off the metal trim at the local chrome and polish. Which brings me to my second question I just bought the rod you screw your lock/ unlock button onto how does that connect to the key cylinder? I have matching cylinders all around and I’d like to use them but can’t find a ton of info on what components are in the locking system In the driver door of a 66. Thanks for reading any knowledge would help.

Most likely the plastic rollers are shot and there should be two bolts holding the glass. You can remove the track that holds the glass for cleaning and repair. Loosen the vertical tracks enough t0 slide the window track out

upload_2021-3-2_8-1-35.jpeg

Last edited:
The lock rod attaches to the door latch. Then there is another short rod that goes from the latch to the lock cylinder.

You should be able to unbolt the regulator with it's glass attached, and get it to a position where you can unbolt the glass from the track. Once you get the glass out, the regulator can be removed. Good luck on getting it to free up and work again. When they get really rusty, they can get pretty stubborn. Just be careful trying to free it up. If it breaks, it can snap against your fingers! It might be better to remove the spring first. Just be careful doing it.

Here's a photo of the latch and rods. It's the passenger side, but, the driver's side will just be a mirror image of it.

doorlatch.jpg

All these parts are rights and left's. They don't interchange with each other.

All these parts are rights and left's. They don't interchange with each other.
I’ve been trying to research the 66 barracuda you’ve been helpful for others I have a few questions I was wondering if you could answer.
1 what’s all involved with removing the ignition cylinder?
2 what’s involved with replacing the heater core?
3 have you read any complications with swapping to aftermarket gauges?

1. Removing the lock cylinder from the ignition switch?
2. remove the heater suitcase from the dash, then pull all the clips that hold the two housing halves together.
3. Don't know, I use factory gauges.

1. Removing the lock cylinder from the ignition switch?
2. remove the heater suitcase from the dash, then pull all the clips that hold the two housing halves together.
3. Don't know, I use factory gauges.
1 yes I was told I had a matching set come to find out I have 3 different locks want to rekey to one lock.
2 take like an hour you think?

-
Back