1966 Barracuda rocker trim clips

-

valiantpatrol

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to send a '66 Barracuda to paint and debating leaving on rocker trim due to anticipated difficulty of finding clips to reattach If I remove them. Nothing came up in search so I started this new thread. Any help appreciated.

@clifftt - I saw that thread for '66 Dart GT rocker trim which is similar in width the '65 Barracuda and '67 GTX. '66 Barracuda is a much wider piece, closer to 4" width unique to that year and model.

@A408Cuda - nothing there for the '66 Barracuda but appreciate the tip.

I'm also getting ready to paint mine soon and took off the rocker panel strips on my 64' and didn't seem to break anything luckily.
I would suggest trying to gently pry them off from the bottom side and remove them before paint. I' just hoping that mine pop back on easily after paint.

@snate66 - thank you for the link and the new source of info in general. Wasn't aware of this wesite.

@A408Cuda - clips on his site didn't mention '66 Cuda, but Ebay ad forwarded to me says they do work, though my application is not listed on his packaging in the pic on the Ebay ad.

I had the same problem years ago. I just fastened it on with the screw on each end. It’s been that way for 30yrs and still on with no problems.

-
Back