1966 Dart 270 project.

-

Mlepley

Reaction score
I just bought a 66 dart 270 recently. It has a 225 slant six, with a 3 speed torqueflite automatic transmission. the car body wise is in ok shape, with rust in common areas like the rear quarter panels. the frame has surface rust and the rocker panels are intact. the passenger side though looks like it was backed into at some point so the door/door jam and just behind the door are dented. so far i found out that parts are tough to find but not impossible. im planning to start this project come early spring, and im just looking for advice on bodywork and just the main things of restoring a project. plus i need ideas on how to fix the dents on the passenger side. thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1084.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1171.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 227
Great looking car to start a project with. There are many members on this forum that have them and Im sure will be glad to offer their experience should you ever need any help or ideas. I see your in Pa.. I am near York. If I can help in any way let me know. Again great project your about to take on! Best of luck with it.
Rod

Always glad to see someone bringing an early A back to life. Especially a 66 lol. You will find everything you need here from parts to advice good luck with it!

Thanks guys for the support and the complements, there's just something sexy and elequent about early darts. Like a nice lady they have curves lol.

Thanks guys for the support and the complements, there's just something sexy and elequent about early darts. Like a nice lady they have curves lol.

hey bud, I too started a rebuild, a 65 dart this fall,,i would say to do it right the first you need to do is find a rotessire and get it up in the air,and far as bodywork Ive been watching a lot of utube videos and they've have helped so much ,and theres a lot of good guys on here too help as well!! good luck..

Thank you for all the support, these cars are a piece of automotive history and deserve the restoration. Plus it's a great learning experience.

,don't hesitate to ask any questions great learning expeirance for sure as well!! good luck

,don't hesitate to ask any questions great learning expeirance for sure as well!! good luck

Ok, I do have some questions about sheet metal and body work. I know the trunk pan and some spots in they floor may need replaced. I looked at AMD and they don't have a very good selection for 66. I was wondering how much of the sheet metal parts like the floor pans, and the inner engine bay panels are interchangeable with years newer than mine, if they are. I know fenders doors and quarters will not, but how much of the other stuff is universal?

-
Back