1966 Dart Front Fender and Headlight Bezel Availability

-

superbird6bbl

Reaction score
Does anyone make a reproduction fenders and headlight bezels for the 1966 Dart?

20220527_123115.jpg

They don’t make much for a 1966 Dart, or any early a-body cars for that matter. The headlight bezels are extremely hard to find in good shape, usually you always have to get a dinged up one restored

Fenders are not reproduced, you'll have to find a used one or maybe go glass.

Last year at either the Nats or Carlisle I came across repro 1964 Valiant bezels on a show board. I inquired but they didn't have any at the show.

I went to their website when I got home and ordered one. It shipped pretty quickly and I'm FINALLY going to put it on the car later today. Quality looks very good and I'll find out about the fit later. I forget the exact price but believe it was $110-120.

I had an Australian company name that sold 64 repros for $300/pr but don't have it handy.

You'll have to check if they carry Dart parts. HerbsParts.com.
By the way, Herbs was purchased by AMS Obsolete but still sell stuff under Herbs Parts name. I bought many things from Herbs over the years. Always enjoyed talking to him and his wife.

20220701_092759.jpg

20220701_094001.jpg

Fenders are not reproduced, you'll have to find a used one or maybe go glass.

Last year at either the Nats or Carlisle I came across repro 1964 Valiant bezels on a show board. I inquired but they didn't have any at the show.

I went to their website when I got home and ordered one. It shipped pretty quickly and I'm FINALLY going to put it on the car later today. Quality looks very good and I'll find out about the fit later. I forget the exact price but believe it was $110-120.

I had an Australian company name that sold 64 repros for $300/pr but don't have it handy.

You'll have to check if they carry Dart parts. HerbsParts.com.
By the way, Herbs was purchased by AMS Obsolete but still sell stuff under Herbs Parts name. I bought many things from Herbs over the years. Always enjoyed talking to him and his wife.

View attachment 1715950015

View attachment 1715950016
Here's a 66 Dart headlight bezel. No one repops them.

headlight bezel.jpg

I checked with Laysons about the possibility of remaking the headlight bezels. The press dies are around $10,000 for each side and the trim dies are 5-$7500. You have to sell a butt load just to pay for the dies not taking into account the fixtures, raw materials, and labor to produce, warehouse, box ,and ship.

I checked with Laysons about the possibility of remaking the headlight bezels. The press dies are around $10,000 for each side and the trim dies are 5-$7500. You have to sell a butt load just to pay for the dies not taking into account the fixtures, raw materials, and labor to produce, warehouse, box ,and ship.

Depends on how much they charge....if they sell one for $20K they have their investment money back!

I have the original but I don't think that it's repairable?
I have a pair that were straightened, stripped of anodizing, and polished. They look nice but boy do you need to beat the crap out of them to straighten. I'll look for photos.

-
Back