1966 Dart Valiant Steering Columns

-

jysnflem

Reaction score
I'm in the process of converting my 65 Valiant steering column to a 66 Valiant steering column that will shift a automatic 904 trans. I have all of the parts and I have a general idea of what I need to do, but pictures or diagrams would also help. Can anyone help me out here I would appreciate it? I know I'll have to mount one piece to the frame rail, but need a picture to get a better idea. Thanks Jayson

How about a diagram and a picture?

Attachments

• Autoshiftlinkage.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Column Linkage.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 215
Wow that's great! I have all of the same pieces from a 1966 Valiant. Would you possible be able to take a picture of the frame rail where the insert nut is located for the shaft support? Thanks for everything. Jayson

Hi i was reading your post,i was wondering if comando 66 has a pic of the other side of the trans,I have a 67 Dart 383 with a manual shift reverse acting valve body i want to convert to a factory set up. I need to replace all the kick down linkages an rods to go up to the carb. So i need to gather up all the pieces forst a pic like that would be a great help.

I don't have a picture of what the insert looks like but here are a couple pictures of the linkage mounted. Blair, my small block early a-body is probably different than your big block car. I would probably start a new thread asking for people with cars like yours have pictures and/or parts.

Attachments

• DSC03219.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC03220.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 207
That's a great shot I hope you didn't pull your engine to get that picture. lol. That's exactly what I needed to see. It looks like they changed the brake lines from 1965 to 1966 to fit that in there. Thank you very much you were a great help. Jayson

No, I didn't pull the engine for you. It's been out for a long time...it's a money, family, time thing.

Boy I here you on that one. I have a 5 month and a 3 year old. I get up at 6:30 am on weekends to do enjoy early morning car rides. Jayson

No, I didn't pull the engine for you. It's been out for a long time...it's a money, family, time thing.

Boy I here you on that one. I have a 5 month and a 3 year old. I get up at 6:30 am on weekends to do enjoy early morning car rides. Jayson

Hey Jason, how are those 295 Mickey Thompson tires working for you?

Street traction?
Strip traction?

Thanks,
Mike

The tires haven't been to the track yet. I haven't tried on the street either. I must be getting old. lol They do ride nice. Jayson

Hey Jason, how are those 295 Mickey Thompson tires working for you?

Street traction?
Strip traction?

Thanks,
Mike

-
Back