1966 Dart

-

Gearhead9000

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've got a 1966 Dart GT that I'm getting ready to paint and I have a couple of questions. First, how do you remove the GT emblems on the door? Just pry them off? I do not want to break them. Also, how does the chrome trim on the fenders, doors and roof come off? I see some mounting screws, but not sure how to remove the trim from the clips underneath.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I dont have door emblems but the trim is a slide lock with the clips screwed onto fenders and body. I have the C pillar emblems and they are hard mounted also so I wouldnt recommend prying.

The inside door emblems just pry off. You do have to take a bit of care doing it though, as the metal clip can break off the pot metal emblem. If you can spray some WD40 up in that area on the inside of the door, that will help. Use stiff putty knives or wide screw drivers and pry about an inch back from each end at the same time and on the same edge. The rest of the moldings will depend on each one. Some use push-on clips, some are bolt on clips. Usually the bolt-on clips have access from the back side. The areas with no access have push-on clips. There again penetrating oil and careful prying to get them off without breaking/bending things.

Hey Guys,
I've got a 1966 Dart GT that I'm getting ready to paint and I have a couple of questions. First, how do you remove the GT emblems on the door? Just pry them off? I do not want to break them. Also, how does the chrome trim on the fenders, doors and roof come off? I see some mounting screws, but not sure how to remove the trim from the clips underneath.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
My situation is similar to Gearhead9000. I'm particularly interested in taking off the roof trim for the half vinyl roof. The headliner is in great shape, so I don't want to disturb it. Can I use this tool to remove the trim from the topside? Thanks FABO!

65GTVinylTop.jpg

-
Back