Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah1981

Master Shake in Training
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought this car with the intention of working on it and driving. But the person that I bought it from never registered it in his name, and while he had the title at one point, it was thrown away. Now I have a bill of sale from the original owner, and I took this to Washington DMV, they sent me to Oregon DMV, and Oregon DMV sent me back to Washington DMV. So, I have run out of space, time and patience. I am going to sell this one with intentions of buying a newer car. Here is what I know about the car.

Everything is stock, I believe. Including the 225 Slant 6. I have some extra parts, like an intake for a 2 barrel carb, and most of the interior parts.

Before I bought it, the previous owner had replaced the breaks and gave it a full tune up. But it has been sitting for awhile again, because of the registration issues, so the oil will probably need to be replaced.

For being 44 years old it is in great condition.

With a little TLC, I am sure it can be a daily driver, and if you are in Washington, the title hassle maybe lessened.

Here is what I believe it needs to be a driver:

The title will need to be taken care of, or use it as a parts car. I would hate to see it go as a parts car, but the headache that will be the title...well, I understand.

The tires will need to be replaced. They are pretty bad.

The reason the tires are bad is because it needs an alignment. It cannot be driven safely, so it will need to be towed.

Because of the registration issues, tags will need to be replaced. But, since it is a pre 1974 car, there will be no DEQ

Everything else is cosmetic and can be fixed while it runs, or again, the car can be used for the slant 6 and other parts.

I am asking $600 obo, am in Hillsboro, Or.

She has been driven a few times, so I know she runs, she just needs the alignment and the tires replaced.

dash%20pad.jpg

dash.jpg

front%20interior.jpg

interior.jpg

gas can.jpg

drivers rear.jpg

sides.jpg

Anyone?

$450.

I am taking a big hit at $450...But I understand the title and pick up are trouble...

Also
"Because of the registration issues, tags will need to be replaced. But, since it is a pre 1974 car, there will be no DEQ"
That is in Oregon...I don't know about other states.

I just want to see her go to a good home, or maybe help another car get on the road...

Make me an offer.

wow,im sorry you have to part with it because of the title issue.It would be a shame to part it out.Im sure someone will buy it and fix it.

Here is a link to more pictures.

The engine is the slant 6
It has some rust on the battery cover
It has an Offenhauser valve covers.
I believe it is a single barrel carb with a large air filter assembly

the floors have some rust, but it appears to be surface rust, and there is a black substance, but I think it is Por-15, but I don't know, it was done before I got the car.
The trunk has a little surface rust, but it seems to be in great sahpe.

I just cleaned all of the glass and replaced the windshield wipers.

As stated before, I have supersix intake that is aluminum, and for a little extra will come with the car, but not a 2 barrell carb...

From what I can see, the trim is good, except the tail light chrome looks to need to be redone...I tried to take a good picture, but my camera wasn't agreeing with it. If you want to see anything else, let me know. I do believe that $450 is a good deal, even given the title issue.

Here are the images

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremiah1981/Dart#slideshow/5482502191718076514

I have one of these. They drive better than today's Caddillacs. Since this one runs and has minimal rust, it would be a very easy project.These were and are great cars. I do not hesitate to drive mine anywhere. That is a fire sale price. Don't let her get parted out!!!

I wish you were closer,cause I would buy this for a daily driver for the winter.Some big snow tires on back would help make it through the snow.Good luck with the sale,it shouldn,t take long to go.:clock:

If you decide to part it out I would be interested in the valve cover , passenger side headlight bezel, pass side rear door handle and a bunch of trim. Pm me if you decide to part it out, You might make more money parting it.

J.R.

I'm pretty interested in this car. If you can provide a signed bill of sale (I can email you a .pdf of the CT document), the title issue will not be a problem in Connecticut.

I'm going to need to contact the transport guy I used to move my Duster cross country. Dependind on price and availability (it's not cheap, and I had to wait a while for pickup), I'll PM you with my telephone number, and we can discuss it.

I'm interested in the intake, and possibly the sound system if it's still in place. I'm still in the consideration stage, but wanted to give you a heads up in case you were about to part it today.

Also, how long would you be willing to hold the car for the transporter? Should I buy it, I'll pay in full for the car right away, but I know space is part of your reason for selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back