1966 Formula S fender tag

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I bought this 1966 Formula S Barracuda. When I removed and was checking out the fender tag there was a small hole in the shape of a perfect S that was punched through the tag. I was wondering if anybody else may have seen something similar on there 65,66 Formula S tag.

I had a 68 Formula S and I don't remember anything like that on that fender tag.

Yeah, this is an old thread but I came across it doing some Fender Tag research.

Does anyone have an answer to the mysterious "S" shaped hole stamped in a fender tag? See example below.

Attachments

• 1966 Barracuda fender tag cropped so number blanked.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 138
I asked Mark Worman and his response was that it's an "inspectors stamp". I wonder if it's specific to a certain factory or a random check at all factories by inspectors.

Common inspection stamp. You can find the stamp at several plants. It's not make or model specific or unique nor does it carry any significance other than it just means somebody did their job that day.

Common inspection stamp. You can find the stamp at several plants. It's not make or model specific or unique nor does it carry any significance other than it just means somebody did their job that day.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. :cheers:

Certainly a cool conversation starter on your car! Never seen anything like it but will keep my eyes open for them now!

This being an old post made me wonder how long I'd been a member. Checked it out, almost nine years, time flies when you're having fun. Before I found this place I really thought I was the only one in the world that liked the early A's.

-
Back